Shock

Danny and James were sitting on the bed as Danny stared at James intensely.
"Since when, dude?" James smiled sheepishly.
"Just now. I confessed to her at the beach since she loves to go there." Danny nodded and smiled widely. He pat James's shoulders.
"Congrats. Finally, you made her yours." James looked down and couldn't stop smiling. He already waited for that time to come and finally, it came. Perfect time, perfect place, everything were perfect during his confession. Danny was about to leave to the bathroom but James immediately stopped him.

"Dude, what about you?" Danny frowned at his words.
"What do you mean?" James rolled his eyes and laid down on the bed as Danny just stared at him.
"When will you confess to Aubrey?" Danny sighed heavily. He fiddled with his fingers as he bit his lips.
"I already did." James gasped loudly and sat up on the bed as he faced Danny with excitement. But his smile slowly faded away when he saw Danny looked so despair.

"Dude, what happened? She doesn't like you?" He softly asked, knowing his friend was not the type of guy that got hurt easily.
"I don't know. Actually, i was so mesmerised by her beauty when i came closer to her and my mouth blurted out those words. I really thought she would answer me right away but instead, she just kept silent." James blinked his eyes as he tilted his head a little to his right.
"How was her facial expression when you said that you like her?" Danny looked up.

"Surprised. Her eyes were so wide opened." James bit his lips.
"Don't worry. Maybe she was too shock with the sudden confession. I'm sure, she will answer it later when she's ready." Danny squinted his eyes.
"Really?" James chuckled and nodded.

"Of course, dude. You're handsome, like me." Danny snorted and smacked his head. James laughed as he did the same to Danny and they fought together on the bed while Emma was sleeping peacefully in her room.

_______________

On the other hand, Aubrey was laying down on her bed as she covered her body with the thick blanket but she couldn't sleep.
"I can't believe he likes me!" She squeaked with joy. She suddenly became nervous when she remembered about his words.

"I don't want you to answer me now. Just give me your answer when you're ready. Okay?"

Without her knowing, a soft smile appeared on her face.
"He's so kind to wait for me. But, do i really like him?" Aubrey sighed as she sat up on the bed. She pouted as she didn't know what to do. Falling in love was never her thing. She didn't really look over guys since she hated their dirty gazes. But somehow, Danny broke the hatred she had for guys. She immediately took her laptop, opening it and typed something.

There was an app where she could write anything and many people would read it and commented. She wouldn't use her real name since it would be a problem. She knew, many guys would go after her because it had happened before so she used a fake name.

Hi! Actually, i want to ask something. There's a guy confessed his feelings to me today and he told me to tell him about my answer when I'm ready. But, i never fall in love with anyone before. I don't really know what to do.

Soon after, many comments started to get in as she read them one by one.

If you always feel butterflies in your stomach whenever his presence is closed to you, that's mean you like him.

Go and tell him your feelings before someone else steal him away from you!

From my perspective, you should go and say to him that you like him. Sometimes, guys don't have much patience but if he waits for you as long as you want, that's mean he really loves you.

Aubrey read all of it as she smiled. Closing the laptop, she rushed downstairs to gulp down a glass of water.
"Aubrey?" She flinched and turned around, only to see her father stood there while smiling. He also went to get a glass of water. Typical son and daughter things.

"You look so happy. Any good news to tell me?" Mr Miles asked as he chuckled. Aubrey grinned and shook her head.
"Nothing much, dad. I'm just excited to meet Danny tomorrow." Mr Miles frowned.
"He won't come here tomorrow." Aubrey stopped what she was doing and faced Mr Miles.

"What do you mean?" Mr Miles put down the glass and let out a soft laughter.
"Sorry. I forgot to tell you that on Sunday, Danny will not work here since it's his holiday." Aubrey pouted as she took a seat on one of the chairs. Mr Miles silently went to stand in front of her.

"What's the matter?" Aubrey smiled and shook her head.
"Nothing." Mr Miles nodded in responding as Aubrey took her leave. She was about to step on the stairs but stopped when suddenly her mind hit a struck. Her eyes widen and she quickly ran back to her father.

"Dad!" Mr Miles startled by her sudden scream and turned around to meet her.
"What?" Aubrey smiled as she stood still with her hands behind her back.
"Do you know where he lives?" Her father tilted his head in confusion yet he still nodded.
"Of course i do." Aubrey grinned happily.
"Can you tell me his house address?"

____________

Aubrey was on her way to Danny's house. She couldn't stop smiling as she fiddled with her fingers, taking a deep breath each time went by. The car stopped in front of apartment building as she got off her car and stared at it for a second. A smile made its way onto her face as she stomped towards the main door and began to find his house.

On the other hand, James slowly headed to Emma's room the moment he woke up. Danny was showering so he took that opportunity to sneak in her room. Opening the door, his eyes met with her figure who was already woke up but her back was facing him as she was busy taking her clothes and towel. He giggled silently and went behind her, sneakily wrapped his arms around her waist as Emma flinched.

"What the- James?" James pouted and shook his head as he put his chin on her shoulders.
"It's not James! It's baby~" He replied making Emma giggled and she turned around to face him. She cupped his face, making his lips pout.

"You are such a baby, do you know that?" She asked softly as James tilted his head.
"Baby? Do you like babies?" Emma chuckled and nodded.
"Of course i do." James suddenly smiled proudly before holding her hands in his as he hugged her tightly.

"Then I'm a baby. Only to my baby." He whispered sweetly into Emma's ears made she giggled out loud.
"James, I'm stinky. Let me take a shower first." James nodded.
"You are stinky but it's okay. I'm stinky too." Emma laughed and smacked his arms playfully.
"No. Let me go and take a shower first." James pouted and nodded his head obediently. Emma smiled and pat his head before turning the doorknob and headed to the bathroom. But her steps were halted when she heard someone knocked on the door. Her eyebrows furrowed as she went to the door, opening it wide only to meet with a girl in the same age as her.

Aubrey's eyes widen when she saw a girl in Danny's house. She accidentally let out a gasp as she was too shock.

Danny lives with a girl?
She thought.

Emma didn't know what to do and she just stood there. Thank god, Danny just came out from his room and he was surprised to see Aubrey's figure there.

"Aubrey?" Hearing that particular voice, Aubrey immediately looked behind Emma and saw Danny. She kept blinking her eyes, didn't know what to think about the situation she got in.

James also came out from Emma's room and he looked confused when he saw everyone was not moving a muscle.
"This is not a freeze time, isn't it?" He broke the silence made Emma silently spared him a glare. Danny sighed and went to Aubrey, holding her hands tightly before leaving the house.