Surprise

The bus stopped, making Emma turned to James in no time. She shook his body that fell into a deep sleep. James yanked her hands away making she annoyed. Pulling his hair tightly, he yelped in pain as he touched his hair and then averted his gaze to her in shock.

"Aish why are you always pulling my hair?! Do you like my hair so much?!" Emma snorted.
"Your dream. We already arrived." He looked outside and scoffed before turning his heels and left the bus.
As they both came out from the bus, Emma stared at their surroundings in confusion.

"But why are we here?" She asked as she turned to him, trying to find the answer. James looked at her dumbfounded.
"My friend's place is near here." Emma nodded.
"I remembered you told me about your boyfriend's place. I'm sure it's near here too." He spoke as he looked around. Emma nodded.
"Hey, look there!" Emma suddenly shouted. James turned to where she pointed at and tilted his head.
"What?" She smiled sheepishly.

"Let's go there. I want to eat." James once again looked at her in disbelief.
"Are you for real? You just choked down a whole burger and you still want to eat? Are you a monster?" Emma hit his arms hard.

"I know you are hungry too. Let's just go." She pulled James with her to the place.

The place they headed to was the street food. There were so many types of food that made Emma drooled over them. James just folded his arms while staring at Emma who was busy eating and choking down each food she saw. He poked his inner cheeks in annoyance.

"She eats too many." He mumbled under his breath. Emma turned and rushed to him.
"Hey, taste this." She was about to feed him but he immediately held her hands, stopping her in the middle way.
"Why?" James didn't answer, yet his eyes were fixed on her. He didn't know why, he had the urge to stare at her. He knew what he felt and did was wrong, but he couldn't help with it.

"Why are you staring at me like that? Is there something on my face?" She asked as she tilted her head.
"Yeah there's something on your face." She gasped.

"Really? Where is it?"
"Let me help you with that." As those words came out from James's mouth, he immediately place a hard slap on her forehead, making she stumbled backwards a little.

"Ow! What was that?!"
"There was a fly on your forehead. I'm just helping you though. You should thank me." Emma cursed under her breath. James suddenly widen his eyes and slapped her forehead once again made she shut her eyes in frustration.

"The same one. Gosh, it's so stubborn. Maybe it wants me to kill it again." He was about to place another slap but instantly stopped when Emma suddenly pulled his both hair and ears hardly.

"OW OW!! IT HURTS!" He yelled as his hands wandered in the air, trying to grip on Emma but she dodged it very well.
"You're the one that started the fight first!" She yelled while pulling his hair harder.
"STOP IT!" His hands finally made its way onto her collar, pulling her closer to him. Their faces were just inches apart. Emma's hands were still on his hair while his hands were still on her collar. They both didn't say anything.

"Let my collar go." James smirked.
"Then let go of my hair first." She let his hair go but not him. James flicked her forehead for the last time before running away from her while laughing loudly.

"JAMES!" Emma shouted before taking off, running to him.

______________

Emma and James were sitting on the bench. James's hair was messy and Emma's knee was injured as she fell down while chasing him. Every time he spared her a glance, he would burst into laughter. Emma sent him her glare.

"What's so funny? You're the reason why my knee is hurting so bad right now." James bit his lips in order to stop himself from laughing.

"Excuse me? You're the clumsy one. It's not even my fault in the first place." Emma sighed and took a look at her knee. The blood was still there. James stood up and faced her.

"Stay here. I'm gonna find a pharmacy near here." Emma just nodded without saying anything. James looked right and left before crossing the road. Now there was only Emma. All alone.

She swayed her feet and stared at those people who walked passed her. Her eyes unknowingly landed on a fancy restaurant in front of her. She suddenly smiled, slowly stood up and  crossed the road.

The glass wall of the restaurant made it looked prettier. She giggled and stared inside of the restaurant with a small smile.

"I'm already near Cole's house. I'm gonna bring him here once we meet." She said and fiddled with her fingers in excitement.

The moment her eyes fell on this particular person, her smile dropped and faded away. Her fingers that were fiddling up together, releasing themselves from each other as she stood still. Her body seemed like it froze on its place. She became speechless.

There he was. The person she loved the most. Cole.

When she thought she could give him a surprise, she never thought he would be the one who would give her the surprise.

He was sitting inside of the restaurant with someone. He was laughing happily with joy. What broke her the most was that, the person was a girl. Her long hair was bouncy, almost until her waist.

Her lips trembled when she saw them both getting into a hug and Cole placed a small peck on her lips. As Cole was hugging her, his eyes finally landed on Emma, who was standing outside while looking at both of them in daze.

His eyes widen when their eyes met. He could see the tears, hurt and regret in her eyes from afar. Emma was still standing still, her eyes never left him.
Suddenly, Emma felt a soft and warm hand behind her head and her sight was covered with a chest. Unconditionally, she got pulled into a warm hug.

"Don't look at it for too long. It will only hurt you more." Hearing the voice, she knew the owner was James.