Police

Emma froze in her place when she heard that. James looked so dead serious that made she gulped hardly.
He just realised what he said as he blinked his eyes and immediately broke the eye contact with her.
"Sorry. It just slipped out from my mouth." Emma awkwardly nodded her head.
"The rain is not that heavy like earlier. Guess we can head home now." He said without looking at her as Emma nodded.

____________

Mr Miles opened the door and the first thing he saw was two figures on the couch with the television opened. He frowned and slowly went to there only to see Aubrey was sleeping while having her head on Danny's shoulders. Danny also seemed deep in his sleep. Mr Miles smiled at the scene as he chuckled. He turned off the television, taking some blankets and covered them both.
"They look so good together." He mumbled and went to his room.

_____________

James opened the door and fan his jacket to get rid of the water. Emma saw it and snatched the jacket away from him gently.
"Let me do it. You can go and sleep. It's late already." James was about to say something but Emma shook her head and gestured him to go. He sighed and nodded before leaving her alone in the living room.

As she fan the jacket, her mind seemed to flashback to what James said to her under the tree.

"Please don't smile like that."
"It makes my heart beats fast."

She slowly put the jacket on the floor as she sighed.
"He.. Doesn't like me, isn't he?" She mumbled.

James laid on the bed, putting his arms on his forehead while staring at the ceiling. His mind also flashback to what Justin told him at the restaurant.

"You should confess to her soon."
"What if someone does that before you and take her away?"

James shut his eyes tightly.
"What should i do? What if she doesn't like me?" He whispered as he ruffled his hair in frustration.
"Let's just sleep. Maybe i can think well tomorrow." He sighed and went to the bathroom, brushing his teeth before he went to sleep.

The next day came, James opened his eyes and met with the sunlight. He groaned and went to the bathroom and took a shower. Wearing his clothes, his eyes landed on the empty space on the bed. He tilted his head.
"Where is this dude?" He asked and went outside. His nose nonchalantly smelled the delicious pancakes Emma made when he spotted her at the kitchen with her back faced him.

"Good morning." Emma flinched and looked at him.
"Morning." Emma smiled and continued to cook.
"You made pancakes?" Emma hummed in response and served him the pancake while he just stared at what she was doing. Emma placed the pancakes in front of him with maple syrup on top and flashed him a smile before turning to the pan again. James closed his mouth in excitement before letting out a silent squeak.

Why does it feel like a wife serves breakfast to her husband?
He thought excitedly.

"Where is Danny?" Her question made him flinched as he immediately reached for the fork and began to cut the pancakes in clumsiness.
"I don't know. He didn't come home last night." Emma widen her eyes.
"Really?" She turned to James only to see him looked up at her with his mouth full and he nodded. Emma chuckled when she saw how mess he ate. Taking the napkin, she gently wiped the syrup on his cheek.

"Eat properly, can you?" She said and turned around while James had his moment alone. He froze in his place and touched his cheek before smiling shyly.

Suddenly, the door burst opened made them both averted their gazes at the door, only to see Danny with his suit as he looked up at them dumbfounded. James put down the knife and fork as he crossed his arms.
"Mind telling me where were you last night?" Danny scratched his head.

------

"You slept with her?! Are you insane?!" James shouted as Danny immediately covered his mouth with his hands.
"Shut up! I didn't sleep like on the bed or something we just fell asleep while watching the movie!" He exclaimed while James eyed him in suspicion as a pout was visible on his face.
"That's so sweet." Emma spoke out while putting her both elbows on the table and stared at Danny with a smile on her face. Danny and James looked at her weirdly.

"You like her, don't you?" Emma blurted out made Danny panicked.
"I don't!" Emma giggled.
"You do. Just confess. Don't let her confess to you first." She said and went away from both of them, going inside her room. Danny blinked his eyes.
"Should i?" James looked at him in disbelief.
"So you're really like her?" Danny gulped before nodding his head slowly.

"Dude, i like someone too. What should i do?"
"Emma?" James gasped.
"Man! How do you know that?" He asked excitedly.
"I'm not stupid like you." James looked at him in disbelief.

"Just confess." James rolled his eyes.
"I'm scared." Danny sighed.
"Just bring her somewhere you think is her favourite place and confess when the time comes." James nodded.
"I hope she likes me back." Danny grinned and swung his arms around his shoulders.

"Don't worry dude. I'm sure she will like you back." James pouted when he saw Danny got up and went to their shared room. He sighed heavily.
"I do hope so." James said sadly.
Suddenly, he heard the door was being knocked from the outside made he frowned. Emma seemed to hear that as she also came out from her room. They exchanged gazes as James went to open the door.

Their eyes widen when they saw a police officer stood still there while staring at them.
"Someone's coming?" Danny asked Emma when he came out from his room but his foot instantly stopped walking when he saw the police. He gulped hard and went to James who seemed to freeze in front of the police.

"W-Why is the police here? Is my friend did something bad?" James sent him a glare but Danny didn't even budge a little. Emma also gulped not knowing the real reason.
"It's you again." James and Danny turned their heads to the side and saw another police officer came. James squinted his eyes, trying hard to look at his face carefully. That was when he noticed him. The police came and stood beside the other one and his eyes landed on Emma at the back. He smiled and brought up his hands, slightly waved at her as she noticed him and did the same before smiling.

"You? What are you doing here?" James asked. It was the same police officer that sent them both to the guest house before.
"I came here to tell something to both of you." He said and smiled.

"We already tracked down your phone and got all of your things back. We also caught the two young thieves and they are at the police station right now."