Promise

"What?" Danny asked in disbelief. He suddenly chuckled and covered his mouth, preventing himself from laughing more.

"So you meant, you guys just met each other on train and then caught some thugs and got robbed and then ended up here? Together?" He emphasised the last word.

Emma shyly looked away while biting her lips while James crossed his arms and stared at his friends in boredom. He finally let out a sigh.

"Yeah yeah." He replied. Danny nodded in understanding and folded his arms as well.
"Emma." Danny called out for her name made she turned her attention to him. He pointed to a room.

"That's your room. That is bathroom. I'm sorry my house is not that huge for 3 people." He let out a small chuckle. Emma smiled at him.
"I don't mind. Thank you so much." She said and Danny just nodded with a smile on his face.
"I'll take my leave now, can I?" Emma said making Danny gasped and stood up.

"Of course! My pleasure." He said making Emma giggled and she took her few little things into her room and closed the door shut. James's eyes never left her. His view suddenly got blocked making his eyebrows knitted together. He slowly looked up just to meet with Danny's gaze. A playful one.

"What?" Danny took a seat beside him.
"Hey, don't be shy and let the cat out of the bag." He suddenly blurted out with a silly smile. James widen his eyes and blinked few times before scooting away a little from him.

"What nonsense are you talking about? What do you mean?" Danny rolled his eyes and put his arms around James's shoulders.
"Dude, just be honest with me." He moved closer to him.
"You like her don't you?" James's cheeks unknowingly turned red as he pushed Danny away, making Danny fell onto the floor with a loud thud. He rub his butt while whimpering and sent James a glare. The door of Emma's room suddenly burst opened making them both startled.

"I heard a loud thud.." She mumbled as she stared at both of them clueless. Danny flashed her an awkward smile and stood up.
"Nothing. We just had a bromance fight." He replied while James just rolled his eyes. Emma nodded and went inside her room once again, shutting it closed. The moment she closed the door, Danny immediately gave James a headlock as he dragged him into his room.

Emma sat on the bed, staring blankly at the mirror in front of her. Blinking her eyes few times, tears built inside and finally escaped from her eyes. She licked her dry lips and buried her face between her knees, sobbing silently. The fact her boyfriend just left her without a single guilt on his face made she angry. She felt upset and stupid. She admitted, the girl with him was prettier than her.

Her shoulders moved up and down, as she closed her mouth and wiped away those tears. No words escaped from her mouth. She gave him everything, love, times, but why he didn't appreciate those for once and left her just like that? She hated it when his secret was busted in front of her eyes. How she wished he would be more honest.

Slowly, she laid her body down on the bed and took a deep breath. The main reason she came to Auckland, had gone. She felt like a stupid and dumb person to come to Auckland and became surprised instead of him. She breathed heavily as her lips trembled in sadness.

"Are you really going to leave me alone?" Emma asked Cole as she pouted. Cole chuckled and pinched her both cheeks.
"No honey. I will come here again to meet you. I'll just be there for six months." Emma sighed as she put her head on his chest.
"Promise?" She heard him chuckled slightly.
"Promise, honey."

Emma cried harder when she remembered his words before he left. Who knew, that promise would shatter and be left alone at the back. She hugged her knees tightly as she cried. He was the only one she had. Now, no one would always accompany her like he did.

Little did she know, James was standing right in front of her room door, listening to her faint cries. He put his hands inside his pockets and looked down. Putting his hands onto the door, he bit his lips.
"I hope you will be alright.." He mumbled before leaving to his room.

______________

The next morning came, James slowly headed to Emma's room. He took a deep breath before slowly knocking onto it.
"Emma? The breakfast is ready. Come out and eat." He softly said, knowing she just shed tears yesterday.

"Yeah, i will come out later." Her soft voice spoke out, making James sighed in relief. He left and went to the dining table. Danny was busy cooking something on his own. James was staring bluntly at the table when suddenly a hard knock landed on the table made him flinched.

"What are you thinking about, dude?" James shook his head. As Danny was about to ask, Emma's door opened making them both averted their gazes to her. Danny smiled widely and waved his hands at her figure.

"Hey Emma! Come and eat. I cooked something delicious for you." Emma replied with a wide smile as she came and sat in front of James. James's eyes for once never left her figure. He couldn't help but to stare to her. Although Emma and Danny already started eating, he didn't eat yet he just stared at her without saying anything at all. Emma accidentally made an eye contact with him as she raised her eyebrows in confusion.

"What?" She asked making James slowly shook his head.
"Nothing." Emma tilted her head.
"Eat. Your food will get cold." She said and continued to eat. Danny just watched them both as he put his elbow on the table and stared at both of them. As James didn't do what Emma told him to do, Danny sneakily stretched out his arms, taking James's plate.

James shut his eyes tight and yanked his hands away made Danny whined in pain.

"This is my food." James said annoyed.
"Then eat dude." Danny replied as he rolled his eyes and went back to eating as if nothing happened.
Emma silently laughed as she found out them both were hilarious.

"Emma, no need to wash them. I will do it." Danny said as he tried to take away the plates from Emma. Emma smiled and shook her head.
"Danny, it's okay. You already cooked for us, let me do the dishes." Danny sighed and nodded.

"If you need anything, just tell me okay?" Emma smiled and nodded. Danny smiled and ruffled her hair before leaving her alone.
Emma put her focus on the dishes as her face turned serious.

"Why so serious?" James suddenly said in a 'Joker' tone. Emma laughed and turned to him.
"You sound just like him."
"Joker?" Emma nodded while laughing. Without her notice, James also burst into a smile as he stared at her.
"Emma." Emma hummed in response.

"Let's go somewhere today."