Chapter 24, Part 1

Astrid's P. O. V:

We're gathered in the throne room as I stand beside Merlin.

I wear my pink dress with just my heart shaped locket and gloves today.

We bow as Uther and Arthur, wearing their red capes, walk in and Merlin stands on my left, while they stand in front of the thrones.

"Arthur! It is an exciting day," Uther begins saying, clapping his hands together. I try not to listen in but I couldn't help myself.

"The arrival of Lord Godwyn is always a cause for celebration," Arthur responds as Uther nods his head in agreement.

"And Princess Elena," Uther utters.

"... Yes."

It turns out, Princess Elena and her father were visiting Camelot, though we don't know why.

"I hear she's something of a beauty," Uther was saying.

"Really?" Arthur asks.

"Oh, yes! Beautiful, charming, witty... strategic."

I blink my eyes but keep my head straight and try not to giggle again at that as Arthur echoes in puzzlement, brows furrowed, ""Strategic..."?"

"I've always thought so, especially since you couldn't do it with Queen Astrid because she doesn't have her own kingdom. W-We've always thought so. That is... Lord Godwyn and myself. That is... he finds you strategic. Not... Princess Elena..." I was trying very hard not to giggle at Uther's attempt to explain this.

Blinking his eyes a few times, Arthur turns to the king as he asks, "He finds me "strategic"?"

"Oh, yes!"

"And beautiful?"

Uther just gives his son a dumbstruck look, until the doors to the throne room swing open, gaining everyone's attention. An old man with white hair wearing a crown and cape walls in, along with a girl wearing a yellow dress and her blonde hair in an updo, a short, old woman with a large belly following close behind.

I gaze at the newcomers curiously.