Chapter 31

Third Person's P. O. V:

Lancelot and the others are looking for Arthur and Merlin who've gone to collect firewood.

Arthur an Merlin peer cautiously around the wall before leaning back and exchanging words.

Merlin asks, "You alright?"

Arthur breathes out, "It's cold."

"Right," Says Merlin in disbelief.

Arthur jerks his head to him in shock as he asks, "You're not feeling it?" Merlin shakes his head as Arthur leans back.

Arthur says as he peers around the corner, "Merlin, you're braver than I give you credit for."

"Really? Is that the cold fooling you?"

"Don't be stupid," Arthur denies as they lean back. He and Merlin chuckle slightly, nervously. The Dorocha's cries echo everywhere. "Of all the things I've faced... I've never worried about dying."

Merlin tells him, "I don't think you should now."

Arthur says in bemusement, "Sometimes, you puzzle me."

"You never fathomed me out?"

"No." Arthur shakes his head.

Merlin muses, "I'd always thought that if things were different, we'd have been good friends."

"Yeah," Arthur agrees, nodding.

"That is if you hadn't been such a pompous and arrogant dollop head." Arthur scoffs with laughter at this. "We will defeat the Dorocha. We will, Arthur—together."

Arthur says gratefully, "I appreciate that. You know, you're a brace man, Merlin. Between battles." This makes the blue gray eyed man laugh.

Merlin tells him, "You don't know how many times I've saved your life!"

Arthur huffs, "If I ever become king, I'll have you be made Court Jester." He and Merlin laugh until the Dorocha screeches through the corridors. They peer around. "They say the darkest hour is just before the dawn."

Merlin agrees, "It's pretty dark right now

Merlin agrees, "It's pretty dark right now."

"But for how longer?"

A Dorocha flies through the cracks in the wooden door. Arthur goes to him in front of it but Merlin shoves hi back to the ground and jumps out into the corridor instead.

Arthur scrambles to his feet and tries to stop his servant, telling, "Merlin, no!!

But Arthur was too late, for Merlin had already thrown himself into the apparition. Merlin seems to freeze before the force throws him back.

 Merlin seems to freeze before the force throws him back