46

I lay down in my bed with my hands intertwined over my stomach, staring at the ceiling.

Work was simple today, we're all just waiting for when the book will blow up, if that even does happen. That's all i've been worrying about lately, if this entire process leads up to one big flop. It's sold to lots of people, but not enough to be that proud of.

I spent the day with Jack J today, we went out to eat and rode around to different shops. There were so many vintage stores that I had never been into and we were practically drooling over everything. There were old records, cassettes. Only things that I had seen in movies.

They were all so much money though, I did buy an record player just because I've always wanted one, but I don't have any records. Stupid, I know, but it looks nice out in my living room.

I couldn't help wonder why Jack didn't bring up Jack G throughout the entire day, I guess it was just a day for the two of us. That's what we planned to do at the beginning of this anyways.

I look down at my feet that are poking through the end of the covers and fiddle with my thumbs. I wonder what Jack had meant when he asked me to be friends, that was so nice of him. It's just, are we going to talk now? Text? Call each other? I don't think we'd hangout without Jack J with us. Simply because I think he's our only path off of the awkward wagon.

I never remember him being awkward last year. He just wasn't an awkward person, neither am I. I just think that us being in the same state after so long is just an awkward situation. I don't know, the more I think about it the more weird is sounds. But were friends now. It's normal to catch up with someone after awhile. Super normal.

My phone buzzes on my side table and my eyebrows furrow together, it's so late. I reach over to see that it's a 402 number, someone from home. It's not saved, maybe it's my mom. She did get a new number.. And not tell me it.

wanna hangout?

My eyebrows bush further together. There is no earlier messages from this number and I look around the room, thinking. My second guess is Jack G, but I can't convince myself enough, he wouldn't be out this late with Jack J being in the same hotel as him.

wrong number? I respond back.

It could be Jack G. I'm not that oblivious and dumb to not consider him as an option, but I don't think he'd be that unconventional and text me at 3AM when we've became "friends" two days ago.

I bite the corner of my mouth and begin to find myself anxious for a respond. What if it is Jack? Does he really think I'd do something with him at three? What would he even have planned in his mind?

hmm.. Is this Taylor Marie Greyson? The one who swoons over giraffes?

My lips curve into a simper and I bite my top lip, so it is Jack.

depends. Is this Jack Gilinsky? The one who ruined my dreams of ever consuming a beautiful funnel cake? I respond and smile to myself. I'm so funny.

That's me omg!! anyways, since I was rude and took the funnel from you, how about I buy you a new one and we can walk to the city playground...... did you know it's a minute away from your apartment?!?

I bite the top of my thumb before placing both of them back on the screen to respond. That sounds great... but I'm tired and yes i did! i see 4 years olds there all the time.. not 19 year olds

Mrs. Greyson if you were tired, I'd assume you would already be asleep. and theres a first time for everything. Cmonn.. I'm outside your apartment.