66

I told Johnson that I was going to do paperwork at the library, because Jack G's off of work there, he let me leave. He didn't know about our meeting in the hospital but I have a feeling he knows something's up, it's not like he would say anything though.

Jack told me to wait at the ice cream shop I remember going to with him a long time ago. I have an insane amount of butterflies in my stomach thinking about being with Jack again, I've missed him so much and our first meeting back together definitely wasn't as nice as I imagined it to be.

I wore sweatpants and an old t shirt because all my leggings are dirty and I'm tired of constantly wearing them. I know Jack won't mind it, he has a love/hate relationship with them. Not like I care what he thinks, but I do.

I don't really know exactly what he has in mind but I feel like it's cheesy and something I'm going to think about in week's time. The good butterflies erupt when I think about kissing and talking to him, but the twisty ones blow up when I think about the intercourse we might have tonight.

Call me insane, but it's obvious that sex has always made me uneasy. I mean, it's fun while it's happening, but the lead up is filled with anxiousness, hotness, and horniness. I remember it being fun, but it hasn't happened in so long, and I'm afraid it will hurt all over again.

When the black jeep pulls up and around the parking lot, I get up and cross my arms over my chest. I feel like Jack is watching me with an amused smile on his face through his tinted windows because I must look pretty awkward walking the short stride all alone. And when I open the door, his grin widens.

"I honestly felt so cool driving here, I feel like we're breaking the law or something." He says all while I climb in and sit down.

I lick my lips and try to stiffen my laugh as I pull the seatbelt over my chest, "I walked here." I tell him.

"What? I told you to call Sam."

I shake my head and pull my hair back so I can tie it, "no. I feel like he'd tell someone, I don't know. You know that I like to walk anyways."

He hasn't started the car and his eyebrows are pushed together as he looks at me, "he wouldn't. Don't walk around at night, not without someone."

I lightly laugh at how he's sounding like a mom, or a dad, but I won't say anything, obviously.

"It's not funny, it's not like Omaha's known for murders and shit but it's not safe."

"Okay, okay," I cease the conversation as he puts the key in the ignition. As soon as the car comes on, so does the sound from the radio. A CD is in, and it takes no guessing that it's the same boyband Jack has been secretly fond of for years now. I glance over at him and his cheeks are pink, of course.

"Shut up. Their new album came out a few days ago and I got it." He simply says and turns out of the parking lot.

I shake my head with a smile and glance in between the arm rests, a small glasses case sits on the plastic and I study it before picking it up.

"Hey." He reaches over to snatch it from my grip.

I laugh again and try to take it back but he puts it in his other hand after holding the wheel with his right. "You got glasses?" I say happily, and sort of teasingly.

He sighs and shakes his head in annoyance, "yeah. I'm not putting them on." He seems to answer the request before I even ask it.

"Please put them on."

"No, Taylor." He groans.

"Please." I turn my body completely and as soon as he looks at me, I puck my bottom lip out. His eyes flick down to my mouth and a smile threatens to cover his. He turns his head back and I look at the curls sticking out of the sides of his hat, I don't know why he's been wearing these caps lately but I like them a lot, I think he's starting to just because his hair is so long.