47

the gif is me because i've been crying all day because zayn left 1d someone cheer me up im crying as i'm typing this little note oiksdmfkaj;-(

A week later

I open the big door into work, nearly collapsing on the floor like I almost do everyday due of how heavy the damn thing is.

"Tay G!" The high voice that I descry everyday greets.

I cringe.

"Hi, Katie." I smile at the pretty girl behind the desk. Katie's the only one that I talk to on a daily, I think the only flaw she has inside or out is her bad choice in nicknames.

I abide to walk across the sleek, glowing floors. I have so much to do today and I really don't want to do any of it. It's Thursday so I have to read transcripts. I hope they're good so I can be entertained, last Thursday they were all awful and I had to pass them into the trash, something I've always hated.

"Taylor," she indicates once more as I'm about to pass her completely.

I turn towards her, "Hmm?" I raise my eyebrows and walk to her desk, setting my bag on top of it.

"Listen," she starts, scanning over the papers in front of her before shuffling them into one pile. It takes her several seconds for her look back up at me. "I have this thing tomorrow and I need you to come with. It's for the LA publishing, they want to come and talk to us and I'm invited, but I don't want to be the only girl there." She frowns.

I dramatically place my elbow on top of her high desk and shove my cheek into my palm, "are you asking me to get dressed up to go to a dinner that is suffocating in which I am not invited to?" I properly say to show that I am blatantly annoyed.

I wouldn't want to go at all, but because Katie's asking, I'm on the verge of giving in. She reminds of of an elf, everyone adores her no matter what she does or asks. It's so hard to say no to her when her perfectly white teeth shine in your eye. Work dinners are always so bland and boring, I hate them and try to avoid them as much as possible.

"Yes." She grins.

I breathe a laugh at her cherpiness. She's always happy in the morning, I most likely resemble a zombie. "It's tomorrow? What time?"

"Seven."

I shake my head. "I have to come in late on Friday's, you know that."

"I know, I know. But, Mr. Edwards said if you come to the dinner, you don't have to come to work." She bites her lip and raises her eyebrows.

This catches my attention. Although I love work and am grateful for my position and all, a day off sounds really appealing, especially on a Friday.

"What do I wear?"

"Maybe like a short dress, or something nice. A blouse?" She suggests.

"What do I bring?"

"A date."

Ahh. Of course.

"I wouldn't have anyone. Do I have to bring someone?"

"Well," she twirls the pencil round and round between her hands, "no. But you'd be the only one without one." She says.

I dramatically sigh, "I don't think I want to go."

"Please." She begs.

With another sigh, I roll my eyes.

"Why don't you bring that boy you always talk about."

My eyebrows bush together, "Jack Johnson?"