25

I woke up to my alarm, I don't remember setting it.

Memories from last night quickly flood over me and I shoot up in my bed.

Jacks not beside me, my comforter is draped over my naked body.

I breathe in relief, my mother may be down stairs, if me and Jack had fallen asleep naked on the couch..

I shiver at the thought of her walking in the front door.

I rub my eyes and turn my phone on,

didnt want to but i left last night and set your alarm.. im the best.. i know. love you.

My heart leaps at Jack's text from last night and I smile as I get up.

I change into clothes that I had lined up days ago, a blouse and a tight black skirt that belongs to my mother. I pin my hair up in a fairly neat bun and let small hairs fall to frame my face.

I actually put on makeup, something I rarely do. When I'm done my attempt at looking older I think failed, I wish I had a more mature face instead of these silly baby cheeks.

"Taylor." My mother smiles at me as I walk down stairs, wow, she's actually home.

"You look so old." She 'compliments,' seeming to disagree with my own opinion about my appearence.

"Thank you."

"Here." She hands me a dreadful looking.. breif case? It seems to be for a women but the dark purple looks like it is meant more for an elderly.

"What's this?" I take it in my hands

"A purse," She lies, "An office purse. It has all the filing things you will need, you can organize it any way you want. Isn't that exciting?"

I nod my head, "Thanks."

I feel her eyes on me as I open the "purse" and see that she bough clear file holders and everything you see in a office.

"I'm glad you decided to end things with him." She speaks and my head shoots up, "What?"

"I know it may have been hard but you'll soon see it was the right decision."

Confusion flashes my features, "I didn't end anything." I say. There's no point in lying to her.

Her face changes and she picks at her long, polished nails, "Well, how would I know right? You don't talk to me anymore." She tries to make me feel bad.

"Okay." I shortly respond and slip my feet into my toms.

"You should wear heels."

"It's a summer job." I remind her.

"Don't snap at me." She says.

I roll my eyes. What is with me? Months ago I wouldn't dare talk to my mother the way I do now.

"Goodbye." I say and close the door.

I decide to stop at the nearest Dunkin Donuts and get a hot chocolate. I earned an awkward look at getting it in the middle of Summer, but I just want to look like I have coffee.

I walked in with plenty of fake smiles shining at me, I returned them all with a bright, real one.

"Mrs. Greyson." I straightened at the name Mr. Sanders greets me with.

"Hi, sir." I smile.

"Call me Mike, please. That's what your dad does, that's what you'll do." He laughs.

I nod slowly, "well, c'mon." He gestures.

I grasp the annoying bag that I was forced to bring and trail behind him.