69

A/N look at how fucking good he looks. there are songs in this chapter and i say which is which so you should play each one while you're reading because idk i would.

"Do I look okay?" Taylor asks as she steps herself into my jeep. Immediately adjusting the curls in her hair? 

"What are you doing." I don't exactly ask in the tone of a question. She looks at me confused. "Where the hell did you get that?" I gesture at the black dress, tightly pressed against her skin. Is she trying to make every man in the damn place get a woody? 

She takes a few moments to herself, looking at her attire. The dress ends inches above her knee but now that she's sitting down, it's far up her thigh. She will only be standing tonight then. 

"I bought it?" She looks at me, still confused.

"Why would you buy that, for this? It's a one night thing." I mumble as I begin to pull out of Jack's driveway, he's already left, but I didn't want him taking her. 

I also am immediately annoyed that I'm only wearing jeans and a t-shirt. I will look like complete trash next to her.

"Sorry." She snaps, "Next time I'll be sure to not ask your opinion then."

I roll my eyes at the brat, shaking my head. "You look amazing, I don't need to tell you that."

"It's always nice to hear." She says, looking out the window.

"Then I'll make sure to tell you it everyday till we die, deal?" I ask and put my hand on her bare thigh. 

She lightly laughs, "Deal."

______

The entire place is wood floor and sleek windows and walls. But, the bumping music and half naked early twenty years olds take away the classiness. 

I don't recognize anyone here, I was half expecting some douches from Junior year to come striding in for a nice reunion, but Sam said they all moved away. 

I've been sitting at a random table with Taylor for about an hour now, and for some reason, I sense her itchiness to go out and dance? Oh God. I can only imagine. 

"Do you actually want to do something?" I raise an eyebrow and her head turns to me. 

She slowly nods, her eyes pleading.

"Why? You've always hated parties."

"I know, but-" She cuts herself off and looks at the crowd of people. "The music isn't even that bad, come with me."

"No." I snap immediately, shaking my head. She's insane if she thinks I'm going to go up and do anything in front of these people. I definitely would've a few years ago, but I don't see the interest in dancing around anymore.

"Please." She reaches over to grab my hand and I'm instantly ready to give up. 

"Taylor..."

"Please. This could be like our prom, minus the slow dancing." She smiles and can't help but note that she didn't wear any makeup tonight. Good. She doesn't need it. 

She looks very, very beautiful. She always does, no matter what she wears but something about her putting the smallest amount of effort into her attire makes my heart pound. I also can't help but find it sort of... adorable? that she wants to be young and stupid tonight. She really doesn't get the chance to often, being Ms. Author and everything. None of these kids probably know that she has an actual published book, she probably likes that. 

Her face lit up as soon as I stood to my feet. We walked to the crowd of people with nudges and bumps and I was ready to walk back to the table until she grabbed my hands and immediately twisted our bodies side to side, sloppily and embarrassingly. No one around us seemed to care, and neither did Taylor, which surprised me. She's always the one to actually give a shit what people think.