28

Because too many people ask, Jack and Taylor's "song," is Why Try- Ariana Grande and One More Night by Maroon 5. I think, maybe comment other songs you think relates to them! That should be interesting haha.

___

"Now," he pulls me to his chest, looking me in the eye. "Are you mad at me?" He wraps his arms around my back.

I roll my eyes and look at the ground, "I feel gross. Because of this. Those boys."

"This is why I told you we shouldn't have hung out with them in the first place."

"Yeah, but you still did. On your own. If you don't like them why did you go?"

"I was with Sam. He just wanted me to tag along so it wouldn't be awkward I guess, but he got along fine." He muffles a laugh

"I can't believe he smoked too." I groan and cross my arms.

Jack continues to look at me as I stare at his shirt, just off in space. I feel like I should be mad at him but I'm so tired of that cycle that I thought ended.

Maybe Sam is right. Maybe I do give in too easily. It stings to admit it but, I am rather weak, when it comes to Jack.

"I really am sorry. Now I know why I gave up smoking, you don't feel anything when you do it so I just-"

"Yeah, I get it." I interrupt him

I hear him sigh, he leans over and rests his forehead on my shoulder. I smile at the innocent gesture and raise my hand to his hair, running my fingers through it. It is really long now. Well, not that long, but long enough where I can't see my fingers when I play with it.

"I love you." He mumbles into my shoulder. I laugh lightly and pull from his grip.

I walk over to my dresser, I just feel like he can't tell me he loves me and I give up on the reason I should be upset, if I try hard enough, I can learn how to control myself.

"I feel like it's been so long." He says

"Since what?" I ask as I go through my drawer, grabbing a ponytail and pulling my hair back.

"Since I've touched you,"

My eyes widen as my back is still to him. So nonchalant, like always. His words make the walls of my stomach stomp, like nerves, but being nervous with Jack just isn't evident anymore

"Only a few days, calm down." I tease without looking at him.

"Weeks." He drags

"Days." I challenge back and slowly rake my eyes to look at the reflection of him sitting at the edge of my bed, it seems as if he was patiently waiting for me to look up to him, so when we connect eyes, a sheepish smile crawls onto his face.

He licks his lips before speaking again, "So you're not mad at me then?"

I take a deep breath, "I am." I turn around, leaning back against my dresser, "just because I'm mad doesn't mean I'm going to scream at you and kick you out of my house."

The sides of his mouth turn up into a smile, "right."

My eyes dart to my phone lighting up by Jacks leg, he takes no time to pick it up and look at it nonchalantly, like it's his own.

I stride over and snatch it out of his hand.

"Why is Sam texting you?" I can't immediately read the tone of his voice.

I click the button on my phone, sure enough it says I have a message from him. "Because friends text each other." I stifle a laugh.

He dramatically sighs, "why is he talking to you so much all of a sudden?" He groans like a little girl. His own words seem to give him the courage to add more, "and first of all, that was none of his shit to tell you and now he's just texting you? What does it say? Is he like, checking up on you?" He goes on.