20

I wake up in my own bed, something I haven't done in quite some time now, and it's an awkward, un comforting feeling.

I decided to take up the idea of finally getting a job, I need to do something this summer that doesn't revolve around Jack, not that I have a problem with that, but for my own health, I should.

I drive myself everywhere around DownTown Omaha and search for a 'HELP WANTED' sign.

Through the day, my mind races with thoughts about Jack's dad, I can't help my hands from sweating and my stomach pinching at the thought Jack drove back to his house and beat the shit out of his father, it makes me sick. I have some type of feeling he wouldn't though, I think he knows how I would feel about it and he wouldn't risk anything.

I want to be there when he goes back but I know Jack doesn't want me to go, I can't help but wonder why his dad is here now, why he couldn't have come back when Jack was a small, misunderstood twelve year old boy.

I wonder what Jack's mother was like, probably gorgeous. I know exactly where his bad attitude influenced off of, but his secret beautiful heart, must be from his mother.

I pull up to a big looking building, my mother has most likely mentioned this well over a thousand times in the school year, for internships. I know nothing about it, but I need to do these type of things for my Senior year, it will look good on a college application, I won't get paid, that's not what internships are for, but I could do this in the day and have a job at night, I try my best to not think too much about my time with Jack.

I walk up to the counter, a girl, older than me, but not by much, "Hi." I smile

Her eyes look up at me and she pulls off a perfect fake smile, she's good at this, "Hi, are you here for an internship?"

I open my mouth but close it, crap, what do I say? "To be completely honest I don't know what I'm supposed to do, my mom told me to come here and-"

She cuts me off by putting her hand up, "You're looking for a Summer internship aren't you?" She raises her eyebrow

I nod, "Yes."

She puts the cap back on her pen and moves her glasses to the brim of her nose, "Well, usually internships are scheduled while the school year is happening, we can't just make on the spot interviews for?"

"I'm going into my Senior year,"

"Right, we can't just make on the spot internship interviews for Seniors, sorry."

"Hello." A deep voice says and I look up, a man in a navy suit strutting down the carpeted floor. He has a clean face and a chiseled chin, I smile at him.

"Who's this?" He tilts his head and looks at the girl

"Shes going into her Senior year at, where do you go?"

"Westside." I answer

She nods and looks up at him, "She was just about to go."

"You're Tim Greyson's daughter aren't you, Taylor?" He smiles his shining teeth

I nod

He looks at the girl, "She wants a interview? She can get one, she's Timmy's daughter."

She straightens in her chair as she looks back at me, looking at me with more polite eyes.

"Do you have a resume? I would think your father would've gotten one for you."

"Oh, um, yeah." I move my bag along my shoulder and take out a packeted slip that my mother handed to me earlier.