13

*party at mikes tonight! let's goooo* A text from Mallory reads

*lol no* I simply reply

Something shitty is bound to happen at a party, it would take me out of my happy state and drag me down, I know it.

"Party?" Jack asks as he walks back into the bedroom only wearing his boxers from the bathroom, his phones lit up in his hand, Mallory must have texted him the same thing.

I look at him, begging him to just sit down with my eyes.

He laughs, climbs onto the bed and scotches closer to me.

As soon as I feel his warm arm snake around my waist and pull me against him my heart starts to go faster, but my body relaxes at the same time.

I'm only wearing one of my over sized shirts and underwear, I quickly changed when he was in the bathroom, but didn't get under the covers before be came out.

He looks at me and I look at him, "what do you wanna do after high school?" he asks randomly. 

I'm completely thrown off at his question, but it instantly gets my mind going. Like any other girl my age, I want to be famous, or have people know my name. The only problem is that I don't have that kind of talent. I've been in the school play before, but as a background, and I was even nervous then.

I shrug, "I guess id have to cross that bridge when it comes. I'd like to do something with writing, I love writing." I trail off, "what about you?" I ask.

He smiles at my answer but looks forwards, sticking his tongue at the side if his cheek, thinking.

"I just wanna do something, I do so bad in high school-"

"You don't try, you would do good if you tried." I interrupt him.

He gives me a glare, silently telling me to let him finish, I raise my eyebrows as a gesture for him to continue.

"I just wanna do something productive and useful with my life." he says.

My face relaxes at his attentive words, catching my attention immediately, I didn't know something like that would be his answer

"Like what?"

He shrugs, "I wanna make people laugh, or something." He runs his fingers through his hair, "That sounds really fucking gay. I mean, I feel really good when I make you laugh and I'd like to think I'm a pretty funny guy," He boasts, "but I don't know if I'd have the patience of a crowd or anything." he laughs.

My mouth curves up at his words and slight nervousness as he speaks his possible idea of a weird future, "you make me smile and laugh a lot. You are funny." I compliment him.

He turns to me and grins, slightly amused by my cheesy words, his face gets red and he looks at the ground, "on a good day."

Which isn't completely a lie, yes Jack makes me happy and I like being with him, but he also makes me the most frustrated I've been my whole life.

I look away from his gaze and play with my fingers. I like talking to him like this, something this deep yet simple. He's so interesting, everything he says makes me smile.

"How would you feel about going to Sams cottage this weekend?" He changes the subject

"Where?" My eyebrows pull together. Cottage?

"It's a lake down the way, it's an hour drive but," he smiles, "it'd be fun."

"Who would go?"

"Me, you, Johnson, Mal, and Sammy. Sammy usually hooks up with a girl down there so there would be another person with us."