Chapter 27: Yolaris (Part 1)

| 11 and a half years ago, August 16th, 4:25 in the afternoon, in the courtyard outside in front of the palace |

Watching the girls play around always seemed.. interesting to me. Especially seeing my jester of a husband join them. It wasn't bad. Just... confusing. He knelt in front of my youngest, Princess Devin, and allowed her to climb on his back. And then proceeded to run around the courtyard while my eldest, Princess Amanda, chased them around with a makeshift stick gun. And I sat by on the steps to the castle watching them act like this. And yet... I couldn't help but let out a small chuckle and just smile watching my family. The two gorgeous princesses I birthed into this world... and the man I gave my love to, all enjoying their lives together. Thanks to me. Watching them live out the lives I gave them feels warm. Its... weird. Because I gave the people of my Galaxy the lives they lead now. And yet my family's are the ones I care about the most. Its strange to me. But I do know one thing. Without me, they can't have everything they possess. But I know that just like every other morsel in this Galaxy and others, they know not to disobey their Queen.
"Mommy- come be the bad guy with Mandy!"
I looked up at Devin who was calling me from across the courtyard, waving her little arm just to make sure I see her. This child I've brought into the world, she has my potential. She's worth my time. So I stood and walked over to indulge in the warmth of the family I created. Yes. I created this.