Backstory

"How could this have happened? She's just one person. How did she kill off an entire civilization?" I sat in front of my burning village crying in shock and horror. Both my parents were dead. My older brother disappeared. But somehow I was spared. After what seemed like forever, I finally passed out on the cold ground as the burning embers began to surround me. So this is how I die... At least I get to be with my family again. My name is Carla Jormung. I'm eight years old. And my life was changed forever from that day.

| the next day |

I don't know what happened. I woke up in a strange bed that inhabited a giant room. The room looked as big as my entire house. I sat up slowly and looked around. "Where am I?" Almost immediately after, a girl ran in and slammed the doors behind her panting and chuckling as she held them closed. I nearly fell out the bed. She then looked at me and smiled big.
"Hey there kid. You're finally awake huh?" She blocked the door before walking over to me.
I looked at her completely dumbfounded but nodded slowly. She chuckled at this.
"Wow you're even cuter than I imagined. I'm glad Mom and Dad let you sleep in my room. I was excited to meet you."
I couldn't even mutter out a sound when we heard banging on the door. She grabbed me and rushed me in the closet with her locking us in there and holding my mouth closed with her hand.
"Shh" she said as she looked at the closet doors silently. It was quiet for a bit until there was a loud crash followed by deep voices.
I couldn't make out what they said exactly but I heard "That little brat has to be around here somewhere!"
I looked up at her to try to make a sound but noticed her smile. She then looked at me with fire in her eyes and mischief in her smile as she said "On my mark. Get ready." I went pale as she burst open the closet doors and hopped over the men with me under her arm laughing and running out the room and down the hall carrying me screaming behind her, "You punks can't catch me! Mom and Dad chose weaklings like YOU to be our guards??"
I was so shocked and confused by all that was happening. I heard the men chasing after us ordering her to stop. I looked up at her and asked
"W-What's happening?!"
She breathed heavily still running before turning the corner panting and laughing hard. She placed me down and leaned against the wall chuckling. I looked up at her and yelled at her to tell me what's going on. She looked down at me and lent her hand out to me with a bright smile saying
"The name is Jenny. Jenny Maria Yolaris. Princess of Mopiteca. Nice to meet you." I looked at her stupidly but took her hand and shook it.
"I-I'm Carla Jormung."
"Well Carla Jormung. Welcome to Mopiteca. This is Yolaris Palace. Your new home. And I'm your new older sister. Come on I'll show you around." She walked away leaving me there in a dazed confusion. My new home? Did she say palace?? Princess??? Sister???? What?????