Chapter-6 I'd like to see how you take care of me, Blackwood.

This chapter is dedicated to NicAthena because she is one of my favorite authors on Wattpad and an inspiration! Thank you :)

Chapter~6 I'd like to see how you take care of me, Blackwood.

"I want to do with you what spring does with cherry trees."

                                                                   ~Pablo Neruda

I couldn't believe it.

At all.

Did Callum bring me here because they wanted me to act like Warren's girlfriend? Or worse, did Warren have a mind to marry me? "If you want us to look like, at least, friends in front of my parents, then no I won't. Get a hang of it" What did he want to imply from the phrase "get a hang of it"? Oh please, no! I don't want it to mean what I think it does .They can't do this to me! I'm not even that pretty, for goodness' sake!

Just a week ago, I was having the time of my life with my two best friends. I didn't have a care in the world. I got to enjoy my favorite apricot pancakes made by my Aunt. Although, I had to endure a few agonizing hours at school just roasting my brain but at least that could be considered as normal. I always had a mind to remain how I was born- ordinary. Attention was something I had a huge distaste against. After my parents died in that traumatic accident, I had felt alone as I watched my life drain from all the happiness and bliss I once had. I couldn't even count the number of nights I spent crying endlessly until one day. The day when I had stood in front of the mirror only to come across my pathetic self. That day I came face to face with the fact that I was being weak and feeble by crying over my parent's death, something which my mother would have never approved of, if she was alive, as she had always taught me to be strong, to face what the life threw my way, to accept the reality and move on.

So on that day, I had promised myself to never cry again and I had been keeping that promise quite well until this jerk of a prince decided to barge into my life only to drag me in some mess that he created.He was the reason that after so long I felt so helpless and bemused.

And that was partly the reason why I didn't like him one bit.

How could he just do this to me? Control me like I'm some object? And most importantly kidnap me and then claim me as his?! I totally feel like some object, all thanks to that stupid prince.

I didn't know how frustrated I was, until I noticed my hand that was tightly gripping Warren's rather pale yet warm hand. My eyes quickly darted to his as I wanted to know if he had noticed it. Of course he had. After all. my grip was really firm on his hand that I was surprised that he didn't pull away instantly. In spite of being in pain, like I had presumed his expressions would be, he was intently staring at our intertwined hands, his brows scrunched up in befuddlement as well as in concentration. The look on his face seemed so different from how he was acting a moment ago and it made me doubt the fact that he might not be a complete jerk.

Key word- might.

I automatically loosened my grip, causing him to snap his eyes in my direction as I pretended to not notice what I had. My breathing quickened from the embarrassment and ,trust me, I would have been really ecstatic to turn the opposite direction and run straight to my room. But I couldn't do any of it, since we were supposed to have lunch with Warren's parents.

Thankfully, he didn't question me as we stepped down the stairs carefully, my hand still placed in his big and warm ones and I couldn't help but glance at them every once in awhile.