Chapter-41 You're cute.

I realized that we had already reached the backyard in roughly ten minutes which was a little relieving given that I'd given up all hope on ever finding my way back to here by myself. This was probably just a small part of the training I'd have to undergo to be worthy and deserving of the Queen's title.

We halted once we were stood in approximately the middle of the grassy plot and Warren turned his head to have a good look at me, a look where he wasn't investigating or scrutinizing me like he usually does. This time it seemed different. There was no ounce of confliction, no trace of a fierce internal feud that always used to snap him out of his trance just so he could prevent the possibility of falling in love with me.

We hadn't thought of releasing each other's hands throughout the journey and I wasn't sure if I wanted to either. It was comforting and heart-warming despite it being a simple gesture on his part. To me it was his affection, his care for me that he wasn't used to portraying through words.

"Did you feed off of those wolves?" I wanted to bang my head against a wall for blurting out such a stupid question at such a moment. Emily's right, I don't have any control over my mouth-everything just slipped out of it unfiltered. Suddenly, the thought of my friend-scratch that-she was almost like a sister to me, left me nostalgic and distressed. We'd created so many wonderful memories with each other that it hurt awfully to leave them behind as they were a part of my human life.

Once I let go of my human aspect, I'd have to let go of so many things.

He raised a dark eyebrow at me, clearly not expecting such a bizarre response after he had basically let me in on his life story.

"No, I didn't. I just left them unconscious. They were lucky because I didn't want to create a scene in front of you," he brushed it off like it was of the least bit of his concerns right now. I nodded.

"You should get some sleep. You look out of sorts," he recommended as he took half a step closer to me, our gazes locked, before pushing a piece of my golden hair at the back of my ear, his fingertips brushing across my cheek creating a sweet tingling feel that I'd come to crave to the point that I can't help but fantasize about pretty intense scenarios between the two of us when there was nothing to interrupt the way his hands would glide up and down my body.

My cheeks were tainted with scarlet red as I peeked at him from below my eyelashes like a shy high school girl who was head over heels for the hot notorious jock. Releasing a small breath, I said, "I guess my heightened senses have dimmed a bit because I can't experience things like I was could hours ago,"

"That's what happens when you use your powers when aren't even fully capable of tackling them. It's ought to take a toll on your body," he almost narrowed his eyes at me accusingly and I rolled my eyes.

"Okay okay, I'm sorry. Now don't gang up on me with Raven," I held my hands up in surrender, letting him know that I'd had enough of a lesson from the old witch about how potentially life-threatening it could've been if Warren hadn't been there to help me out. She'd said, "Warren saved your life. You should be thankful to him. He loves you more than you can imagine,"

He chuckled slightly, eyes crinkling due to the smile that graced his lips and let me tell you it was swoon-worthy.

"I won't. But promise me that you won't try something as reckless as this again on your own," he cocked a brow at me as he waited for me to adhere to his words.

"Whatever you say," I shrugged it off casually, not realizing the tinge of blackness that had managed to overtake the enchanting grey.

"Abigail," his tone seemed demanding and serious, "I can't afford to lose you so don't be so casual when it comes to your life. You're way too precious for me, darling," he completed, the message he was trying to convey through his words was crystal clear in his eyes but given that I had absolutely no experience in the world of vampires I failed to understand the consequences of losing one's mate to death to the extent that he did.