Chapter-31 You're not a monster

I know I'm super duper late but I'm really sorry guys! I hope you like this chapter though it's not the best but I had no choice but to upload it like this because I wanted to have something up for you guys ASAP so this is what it is for now.

See you,

Much love,

Arushi 

(and yeah I'll try and update soon enough okay?) 

Chapter-31 You're not a monster.

The atmosphere inside the car had suddenly turned stifling with none of us uttering another word until we finally reached the Blackwood mansion. Without exchanging a look with him, I undid my seatbelt and stepped out of the car, the coldness of the night engulfing me instantly.

Wrapping my arms around myself, I let my still bare feet carry me inside.

"You're home finally!" Aqueela's soft and sweet voice caused me to halt mid-step and before I could even turn around completely to take a good look at her, she captured me in bone-crushing hug, her lavender fragrance surrounding me.

For a second, I was caught off balance before I quickly returned the hug, a small smile replacing the lines of worry.

"Hello to you too," I said, pulling away from her.

"I've been waiting for the past forty-five minutes for you. Where the hell were you guys?" She questioned, her brows knitted together.

"We were just hanging out with the unicorns," I shrugged, trying to be nonchalant about it.

"What?"

"Just kidding, Aqueela. I know sometimes people don't get my sense of humor. I'm used to it," I grinned an idiotic grin, wanting to laugh so hard at the look that crossed her face as she tried to conjure up whether I'd completely lost it.

"Well, look who's still alive!" Callum exclaimed as he made an appearance from the door which led to the pool, and from the water droplets that clung to his hair I could guess that he must have been swimming in the pool all this time.

"I certainly did not know you liked to swim at 1 in the morning," I commented, plopping down on one of the sofas because honestly I was more than just exhausted with multiple cuts lining up the bottom and sides of my feet and I was pretty sure that I'd been bitten by a couple of insects too.

I'm so lucky.

"I was freaking bored, dude and I couldn't find anything else to do so yeah," he shrugged, settling in next to me as he brought his legs up to rest them on the glass table placed at the centre and sighed contently.

"How many times do I have to tell you to not put your feet up on my table? They stink," Aqueela crossed her arms, eyeing Callum with disgust. I snickered silently.

"God, Aqueela. They do not stink. Here you can smell them if you want," Callum lifted one of his legs up in the air, wiggling his fingers as he did so and I couldn't help but blurt out laughing.

"Ew, yuck. You're impossible," she gagged, covering her nose probably trying to block out the smell that was coming from Callum's feet, which he had once claimed, he scrubbed three times whenever he took a bath.

That big fat liar.

"And you're over-dramatic," he chimed in, finally putting his feet down however, still on the table much to Aqueela's dismay.