Chapter-4 In for a crazy ride.

Enjoy!

CHAPTER-4 IN FOR A CRAZY RIDE.

"I would like to apologize for the sparse population inside the house. Everyone's out at the moment but they'll be back soon," Callum put in as he walked behind me at a casual pace, allowing me to take as much time I wanted to absorb the lavish interiors of this house.

I was basically ignoring him at this point because I was too busy applauding the decorative pieces that must've cost a fortune not that the owners of this house would care. Clearly, there were extremely rich.

"What do you mean by everyone? Who all live in this giant house besides you and your stupid friends?"

I continued to stroll through the spacious living room which boasted of rich cream colored walls, sumptuous wooden furniture and large-sized paintings hanging on the walls. Beautiful lamps and tall flower vases consisting of artificial flowers occupied the corners. Soon, I was lead to the dining area and the kitchen, both equally elegant and immaculate as the entirety of the ground floor of the house.

"We're basically a big family. Mr and Mrs Blackwood are the owners of this house and then there's Warren Blackwood, their biological son and me, their adopted son and Jade too lives here. Jax doesn't really live here but he does swing by often," I heard Callum's reply from somewhere behind me and just as I processed his words I instantly turned around.

"You're adopted?" I breathed out with unease, immediately feeling a pang of guilt pierce through my heart.

He was lazing on the sofa as he watched me in my current state of complete shock.

"That's right, princess," he smiled, a grim expression taking over his features for a split second before he was back on his feet and guiding me upstairs, mumbling something about showing me to my room.

Perhaps he too didn't like to talk about his parents in front of others because it pained him as much as it pained me to do so. We were both in a very similar situation, both without someone to call our mom and dad. I shook my head to try and get rid of the thoughts before they plagued my mind and forced me to endure another restless night.

"There you are. This is going to be your room from now on and I'm hoping it will make you feel less like a kidnapped person, not that you actually are. You're free to wander around and explore," he smiled broadly, stuffing his hands into the pockets of his grey jeans and I couldn't help but notice how boyish he looked at the moment. Almost like the guy next door, extremely approachable and cute.

Technically speaking, since my abduction Callum has not made me feel like a prisoner at all-we had an appetizing meal together just like old pals, he didn't blindfold me or gagged me or chain me up, he didn't even threaten to hurt me or my family no matter how many times I disobeyed him and threw insults at him.

A tiny part of me somehow weirdly felt almost safe. Key word being almost. I couldn't allow myself to feel guilty because my supposed captor didn't have any parents because then I would easily warm up to him and he could take advantage of my vulnerability. Whatever he's done, it's still not justified parents or not. I totally sound like an insensitive freak.

I smiled slightly, nodding in acknowledgement, trying to calculate the number of rooms this floor had. Perhaps a five or six.

"So are you in the mafia? Part of some gang?" I asked, being very blunt about it. I was never the one to beat about the bush.

At that he laughed, "No way, Abigail. I can assure you that neither I nor anyone in this house is not connected to any mafia. That was a funny allegation though,"