Chapter Thirteen

"I'm really sorry" he says. Sandy wiped off the snowflakes on his hair and offered a warm smile.

"Honey don't apologize. It's time you go live life. We'll be fine"

Cayden's eyes glassed over with unshed tears. He really wants to go with Aiden but he also wants to stay here as well.

Sandy, seeing the young man's resistance hugged him. Cayden has been in the shelter since he was young, it's time for this bird to leave the nest.

"You can always visit you know. Just because you're leaving doesn't mean you can't visit. Now go, live life. Be happy"

He hugged her, tightly. Sandy will always be a mother to him. He pulled away from her embrace and turns to Aiden.

"I'm ready"

A smile formed on Aiden's face.

"Let's go" he says and shoots a smile at Sandy. The woman waved at them as they drove off.

"Goodluck Cayden!"

•°• ✾ •°•

Aiden's house somehow seemed different. The furniture was nicely placed, the fresh flowers on each vase made the air lovely to inhale.

"Welcome to your new home" Aiden says with a wide smile. He couldn't believe Cayden was now living with him.

"So where's my room?" Cayden asks.

"Your....room?" Aiden asks in confusion.

"Yeah....my room"

He frowned.

"I...I thought you'd share with me....since you...you know, love me and stuff"

A blush spread on Cayden's face. He said that on impulse!

"Okay....show me to our room then"

"That's more like it. Come on, i had the maid put fresh sheets this morning."

They went upstairs. Cayden couldn't help but smile as the thought of waking up next to Aiden each morning came acorss his mind.

"Your house is so big"

"Our house Cayden.....our" Aiden says placing the man's bag into the closet. He comes back to find Cayden looking out the glass door that led to the balcony.

"So what do you want to have for dinner?" He asks.

Cayden turned to face him.

"What about pizza....or tacos....or chow mein?"

"How about all the above, take a warm bath. I'll go order some food"

•°• ✾ •°•

Steam filled the room. He sat on the half filled tub and sighed and starts humming a song.

This song was something he'd been working on since he was in his teen years. It's a summary of his young life.

"Cay? Are you okay in there?" Aiden asks, his voice muffled by the door.

He blows some bubbles and smiles.

"I'm okay"

Aiden stepped away from the door and headed downstairs. Where Jade miraculously was waiting in the living room.

"Mom? How did you...?" He asks in surprise

"Spare key, where is he?" She says. Aiden sighed. He should take back that key.

"Upstairs, bathing"

She smiles and glances at the table filled with restaurant food.

"Really Aiden? Take out? Why didn't you cook?"

"He wanted these....anyway, you have to stop popping up unannounced, i have someone now"

Her heart filled with pride hearing that.

"Oh! I've been waiting to hear you say this.....i came by to tell you that your brother is coming tomorrow, don't be late for dinner"

"I won't"

Just then Cayden came down the stairs, wearing Aiden's plad shirt. He was only wearing a shirt....luckily it stopped by his knees.

"How cute. I'll go now, welcome to the neighborhood Cayden" Jade said and quickly made her way out.

Aiden and Cayden stared at each other.

"How....how is my shirt that big? I thought we wore the same size." Aiden says in confusion.

Cayden shrugged.

"I don't know, maybe i shrunk in the water or something"

They sat down on the couch. Aiden's eyes still on the man next to him.

"You look really good"

Cayden blushed.

"T-Thanks....let's eat, before you we engage in....other activities"

That caught his attention. If he was a puppy, his ears would be perked up.

"What other activities?"

Cayden shushes him with an egg roll.

"Eat, talk later"

•°• ✾ •°•

He could not believe this. What did Cayden mean by other activities?!

The two were currently in bed. Cayden fast asleep while Aiden was left with his active mind. His hand rests on Cayden's waist.

"Cayden?"

"Hm?"

"What did you mean by other activities?"

"Hm? What are you talking about?"

Aiden pulled away his hand and sighed.

"Earlier during dinner, you said engage in other activities...what did you mean?"

"Oh....i meant, kissing and stuff"

There was a brief moment of silence. Aiden scooted closer to him.

"Can we do it now?"

"Aiden it's 2am....we should sleep"

He sighed.

"Okay"

Cayden looked at Aiden through the dark. He also wants to make out with Aiden but he doesn't want to rush things. He places his head on Aiden's chest.

"Our date....tomorrow"

Aiden's hand now rested on Cayden's back, he smiles.

"I know....i have a great day planned for the both of us"

Cayden sighed in content. Somehow being like this felt natural, he wonders if he'd do this with anyone else, would the feeling be the same.

"Aiden...?"

"Yeah?"

"I love you"

This was the second time Cayden said this. With a smile, Aiden responds,

"I love you too"