Chapter Forty

Aiden's office was filled with silence. Cayden, Jade, Jaxon and Luis were all seated on the couch.

"How long does it usually take to remove a brain tumor?" Jaxon asks

"Depends on the size, also you can't rush anything. This is a human brain after all" Aiden replies.

They all sigh. Luis was called by Aiden to pass the news to Sandy, after doing that he told Jaxon and they came to the hospital to show their support to their new friend.

"I'll go get us something to eat" Jade says, Luis stands up as well.

"I'll help you"

Once they left, Jaxon stood up and gave Cayden a reassuring smile.

"I'll go get us something to drink.....everything will work out, okay?"

Cayden didn't respond, his emotions were conflicted. He now knows why he was a little relieved when his mother showed up during his date with Aiden. He finally knew she was still alive and was a little happy about it but now....she might die and he doesn't know how to feel about it.

"Cayden....do you want to take a walk?" Aiden asks softly. He nods.

"I need a distraction"

They head out of the office. Nattie, who was at the front desk smiled seeing the two but when she noticed their mood she didn't approach them.

Aiden gave her an appreciative smile as they walked passed her. She sighs.

"I get it now....poor Cayden"

•°• ✾ •°•

The moon was out tonight, the stars twinkling in the black sky. Cayden takes a deep breath and sighs.

"I hate myself for still caring about her"

Aiden hugs him from the side.

"It's okay, she's your mother after all"

"I know but she hurt me.....I don't want to forgive her"

Aiden nods. It was understandable.

"I understand but Cayden think about the future....when our kids ask about your mother what will you tell them? Will you display her as a monster or as an angel to them?"

"I'd tell them the truth.....that woman deserves what she's getting but at the same time i don't want her to die"

"Cayden....you have to make a decision....are you forgiving her or not?"

He gazes at the sky and he inhales, shakily.

"I.....I will not forgive her"

Aiden nods and turns him around so they were face to face.

"I respect your decision, you're choosing what's best for you and that's okay. So tell me, do we go home or do we stay?"

He looks at the hospital building and sighs.

"We stay"

•°• ✾ •°•

"This all so sad.....I don't think i could be calm as Cayden" Luis says.

"Same, when my mother passed i was a wreck. My sister had to take over the cafe for a month"

Luis turns to face him.

"You have a sister? So do i"

"Lucky us" Jaxon says. Luis scoffs.

"Lucky? My sister and I haven't seen each other since my father's funeral. She left the city the first chance she got"