Chapter Thirty Five

Aiden handed his boyfriend a plate of food. Cayden takes a bite of the chicken and smiles.

"It's delicious"

Aiden smiles as well, however his expression turns solemn when he thinks about Winona.

"Cayden....about your mother"

Cayden sighed.

"I know....what do we do now?"

Aiden sighed. The fact that Winona was even thinking of meddling into Cayden's life even now was infuriating.

"I don't know....but I'm sure we'll come up with something"

Cayden nods and takes another bite. Seeing his mother again has made him somewhat relieved....for why, he doesn't know.

"Are you going to work tomorrow?"

"Nope, we're going to the shelter remember?"

"Oh....I forgot"

Aiden gives him a weak smile. Cayden's mind must be in overdrive from everything that's happening around him.

"We can go to bed early if you want?" He offers. Cayden shook his head.

"I'm not sleepy yet...also I.....I don't want to dream about her"

Aiden nodded in understanding but Cayden still had to sleep.

"How about this, you sleep and I'll watch you. If I see that you're having a nightmare I'll wake you up"

"Is....is that a line from Nightmare on elm street?"

Aiden shrugged.

"Maybe, maybe not"

Cayden stands up,Aiden's tshirt hanging by his thighs. He grabs Aiden's hands making the man smile.

"Is this what I think it is?"

Cayden giggles and remains silent. They enter the bedroom and he pushes Aiden on the bed. Cayden goes into the closet and comes back with a large whiteboard making Aiden frown in confusion.

"Look at this equation" Cayden says. Aiden blinks. Clearly this night he'll go to bed with blue balls. He sighs and stands up, heading towards the board.

"What is it?"

"Creating a new element...if I'm correct, i can submit it and be listed in the books of historical science."

"Whoa.....really?"

"Yep!"

Aiden smiles and hugs him, he kisses Cayden on the neck making him shudder, hands sneakily pulling the t-shirt up and he squeezes his butt.

"Mmmh....wait"

He pulls away.

"Sure"

He laughs softly as Cayen pushed the board back into the closet. He comes back and hugs Aiden again.

"Aiden...."

"Yes?"

He bites his bottom lip.

"I love you"

Aiden hugs him back, kissing the top of his head softly.

"I love you too"

•°• ✾ •°•

Jaxon as usual was at his cafe, he was currently cleaning the tables and was locking up in a few minutes. Luis hasn't heen here all day and he was starting to wonder if the man had ghosted him or was he just busy.