Chapter five

"Warm apple pie with coffee"

Cayden smiled and took a bite of the pie.

"Very delicious"

It's 9am and Cayden had taken his usual walk and ended up at Jaxon's cafe. It didn't snow last night but it was still cold.

Jaxon watched Cayden from the counter, he  was intrigued he admits that. There was something about Cayden that caught the man's attention, maybe it was the way his eyes sparkled.

On the other hand, Cayden was confused. Part of him wanted to see Aiden but the other side didn't want to.

"What should I do now?"

•°• ✾ •°•

"You look tired honey"

He took a sip of his tea and smiled at his mother.

"I'm fine"

Tucker, who was across the table smirked.

"He IS tired. He was balls deep in some girl last night"

"Dad!"

Jade sighed shaking her head.

"Tucker why are you vulgar this morning? That reminds me, Aiden you won't believe who i saw yesterday" she says, her face morphing into an excited expression.

"Beyoncé?"

She rolled her eyes.

"Ha-ha. Yesterday when i was out shopping, i met....wait for it.....Cayden"

"...."

"..."

The two men were stunned. Cayden?

Tucker looked at his son, Aiden didn't show any expression on his face, just blank.

"...are you sure it was him?" Aiden whispered, voice laced in disbelief. Jade nodded confidently.

"We even had a chat, he dyed his hair black now"

"That's good" was all Aiden said and walked upstairs. Jade was confused.

"I thought he'd be happy to hear that" she said. Tucker sighed.

"Babe you know how Aiden was after Cayden was stolen away from him. He was a wreck and to suddenly say Cayden was in the same area, he's for sure going to be spooked"

She sighed. Maybe she didn't approach the situation in a subtle manner.

"I hear you....do you think he'll go look for Cayden?"

"I'm sure will....Aiden cares for that boy"

•°• ✾ •°•

"The kids want to go to the park. Will you take them?"

Cayden nodded with a smile. He likes the park.

"Okay, we'll take the bus"

Sandy shook her head.

"We have someone who offered to take us there, he'll be here in a few minutes"

Cayden was confused. Who was Sandy talking about? Could it be Aiden? No. That can't be....right?

He walks inside the house, goes to his room and sits on the bed. Cayden's room was neat and organized, physics textbooks organized by name and musical sheets on his desk.

Psychics and music were Cayden's favourites. He always felt calm doing them.

He stands up and grabs an acoustic guitar. This is the last good memory he has about his mother before she abandoned him. He strums the guitar and starts to sing.

"Tears.....tears....tears"

Knock.knock

"Cayden? Our ride is here"

He sighs and goes out. Sandy was waiting with a bag full of snacks. She smiled at him.

"Take this, don't worry about the kids. Your chaperone will look after them"

"Okay"

They walk out and found a black Suv parked across the street. Cayden recognized the driver in an instant.

"Jaxon?"

Jaxon smiled and walked up to them.

"We meet again, I used to live in this shelter so i occasionally visit"

"Oh...."

"Yeah, what's your name if may ask?"

"Cayden"

Jaxon smiled, the chilly wind made his cheeks have a soft pink hue.

"Shall we?"

•°• ✾ •°•

"You seem distracted"

Aiden sighed. He was at work and unfortunately for him, Nithya was also there. She seemed rather chirpy today.

"Last night was fun, we should do it again sometime" she says with a smile.

He shuddered. Just the thought of doing that again made him sick to the stomach.

"I think I'm going to throw up" he said and walked off.

He hates treating his friend like this, but last night they crossed a bridge they'll never return to so he had only ond choice.

"I have to cut ties with her"

•°• ✾ •°•

"Are you cold?"

"No"

Jaxon nodded and sat down next to Cayden. The park was not that busy, the kids were playing around having fun.

"Do you take meds?"

Cayden frowned. Why would Jaxon ask him that?

"That's none of your business"

Jaxon chuckled, nodding.

"I know I'm just making small talk"

"About my meds? That's starting off with the wrong foot don't you think?" Says Cayden.

Jaxon sighed. That was true.

"I'm sorry"

"It's okay. Change the topic"

"Hm...okay, are you seeing anyone?"

Cayden was quick to answer.

"Yeah. He's name is Aiden"

"Oh? I've never seen him with you before"

"We lost contact when i moved here....I don't have a phone to call him"

"Ohh okay"

Jaxon nodded. He scoots closer to Cayden.

"I think you're cute.....do you want to go on a date?"

"No"

"You hurt me Cayden"

"I apologize. But my answer remains" he says and walks towards Rory.

Jaxon smiled looking at him. He sighed.

"I'll win you over, don't worry"