Chapter Forty Four

In the evening, everyone was at the deck with a table full of drinks and snacks. Jaxon was holding a microphone, the karaoke machine showing the lyrics on the screen.

After a spending a day thinking about it, Cayden decided to go with the flow. If it happens then it happens.

"I will always, love youuuu"

They all clapped and he took a bow. He presses the next song and it was a duet. He smirks.

"Please welcome my boyfriend, Luis! Come here babe"

Aiden and Cayden snicker as Luis grumbles his way to the stage. Jaxon hands him the microphone and they start to sing.

"What song should we sing?" Aiden asks. Cayden looks through the song list and one catches his eye.

"This one"

Aiden nods with a soft smile and turns to the stage, Luis and Jaxon dancing up a storm.

"It won't fit! It's too tough! We talk like this because we can back it up!"

Cayden takes out his phone and takes a video, he admired how fun Jaxon and Luis's relationship was.

The song ends and they clap. The couple takes a bow.

"This was fun" Luis says. They head to the couch and they hand the mics to Aiden and Cayden. The two feeling a little shy now.

Aiden helps Cayden up the stage and he hands him a microphone. They share an awkward look.

"Play the song!" Jaxon says.

"Right" Aiden says, he selects the song and the beat drops. He sings first,

"Lying in my bed, I hear the clock tick and think of you
Caught up in circles
Confusion is nothing new
Flashback, warm nights
Almost left behind
Suitcase of memories"

Cayden smiles, he feels a lump of emotions form on his throat but he pushes through. His soft voice sings,

"Sometimes you picture me
I'm walking too far ahead
You're calling to me, I can't hear
What you've said
Then you say, "go slow"
And I fall behind
The second hand unwinds"

Aiden was taken aback by Cayden's voice but he frowns when he sees Cayden's eyes glisten with tears. He was about to stop the song when Cayden sings again,

"If you're lost you can look and you will find me
Time after time
If you fall, I will catch you, I'll be waiting
Time after time"

Cayden smiles and holds Aiden's hand.

"Time after time....I'll be waiting....for the rest of my life"

Luis and Jaxon share a look. What was happening?!

The beat of the song drowns in the background as Cayden starts to speak.

"You know....I've come to know pain and suffering from the person I've once loved...and then there's you, just when I was about to give up and live alone, you came along to show me what love really is....it's not about lavish gifts, fancy dinners and sex....it's about spending time, caring about that person you love and I've come to learn how to feel again....to love again"

Aiden's eyes sting with unshead tears, he smiles at Cayden.

"I love you too"

Cayden takes a deep breath.

"I've been waiting for the perfect moment so i guess this is it....I love you Aiden and I want everyone to know how much I do....I can do anything for you, get hit by a bus, a train, hell I'd even take an enema for you"