Chapter Eight

"You look happy"

Cayden smiled and tucked Rory in bed.

"I met an old friend that's all"

Sandy smiled.

"Just an old friend? I'm sure it's more than that"

"We'll see"

She nodded. Sandy was happy to see Cayden like this.

"You know....if you want to leave, you can. I can find someone to help around"

Cayden chewed on his lip. He was thinking about that, but he didn't want to leave Sandy all by herself.

"But what about you?" He asks.

"Cayden you're still young, you should be out there living life. I'll be fine and I'm sure the kids will also be fine"

He sighed. He didn't want them to see it as if he was running away from them.

"I will think about it"

•°• ✾ •°•

The next day....

Aiden's range rover parked in the hospital parking lot. He got out and bumped into Nithya.

"Hey there, it seems we're on the same shift" she says.

"Mhm" was his reply and walks ahead. Nithya followed behind.

"So i was thinking about our second date. We should go to an all breakfast diner"

He sighed.

"Nithya i don't think there'll be another date. Hell, i don't even want to go out with you anymore"

"W-What?....but why?"

His head whips around harshly making the woman flinch.

"Why? Because I'm disgusted with how i felt about myself after we had sex!"

She was stunned. What was he saying?

"Is it me? Do i make you feel disgusting?"
He sighed.

"Listen Nithya, what we he had was a once off thing, we're not going out anymore"

She watched him walk away. Panicked, she screams out,

"I'm pregnant!"

•°• ✾ •°•

Cayden frowned when the glass on the kitchen counter shattered to the floor.

"Cayden? Are you okay?" Sandy calls out.

"I'm fine...the glass dropped, that's all"

"Okay, don't cut yourself on the glass now"

"Okay"

He uses the dustpan and sweeps the shards off. The phone in his pocket rings making him smile. He looks at the caller id and panics, it was Aiden's mom. He picks up the call.

"Hello?"

".....Cayden?"

"Uhm...yes"

"Oh, is Aiden with you? We were supposed to meet for brunch"

"Oh uhm...he gave me his phone Yesterday...try his work phone?"

"Oh...ohh....okay, see you around"

Once the call ended, Cayden sighed. What if Aiden's mother was overthinking the whole thing? Just the thought of Aiden's mother hating him was enough to make tears trickle down his face.