Endgame

One Year After The Snap

Evie held tiny baby Morgan tightly to her chest, Pepper and Tony were resting. It had been a long labor and delivery and the new parents were exhausted. Evie had spent the entire time in the room with the pair, Pep had insisted on a home birth where they could have privacy. Evie had been her biggest cheerleader while Tony panicked. She'd spent the last year building back her relationship with her nephew who'd forgiven her on sight and the woman who was her niece by marriage.

She placed a kiss on Morgan's head, "Hey little one. I'm your Auntie Evie, and I promise to always be here for you. Granted I live with your parents, because my partner is gone and your daddy gets stuck with his spinster aunt." She held the tiny baby close to her chest, wondering what life would have been like had she actually had a future with James, either in the forties or the more recent past.

Morgan let out a tiny whine before settling with her aunt once again. "You look so much like Tony did when he was a baby," Evie commented.

"Remember that huh?" Tony yawned, he stood up and went to his aunt and daughter. He felt blessed knowing all three of his women were safe and in the same room. Where he knew he could keep them safe.

"I promised to protect and spoil you. And I did a shit job at one of those things," Evie replied, looking down at Morgan again, "I promise to spoil you. Your daddy loves me, and I'm going to get away with it because I'm your great aunt and I'm really freaking old. Like almost ninety nine."

Tony laughed, "No promise to protect her?"

"Her daddy is Iron Man," Evie replied with a laugh, "If anything she needs protection from the Stark stubbornness trait."

"Isn't that the truth," Tony said, kissing his aunt's temple and his daughter's head. "I love you Evie and I would have done the same if it was Pepper."

Evie stared at him for a moment. They hadn't spoken much about James or her sabbatical in Wakanda as Tony called it. "Is that an apology?"

Tony nodded, "Something like that. Were you happy Evie? Like really truly happy?"

Evie nodded, "It's like when you're with Pepper and the world stops and you can't imagine what you did good in your life to be this happy. For life to actually be going in your favor."

Tony looked at his wife, new baby girl, and aunt. "I know that feeling. Do you miss him?"

"Every day. But you guys make that void a little less," she replied, handing Morgan to Tony. "I need a moment."

Tony kissed her cheek, "I love you Evie. Pep loves you. Morgan here is going to love you more than she loves us."

"Probably I'm fabulous," Evie said, before leaving their room. Evie went downstairs, she loved the cabin in the middle of the woods that she shared with Tony, Pep, and Morgan. She exited the home, standing on the wrap around porch watching the sunset.

She missed James. Daily. Her heart ached. Her family brought her joy, the next generation of Starks was upstairs being swaddled and cuddled by her parents. She wondered how many Starks she would see be born, grow up, and have families of their own. Since she knew she'd be spending the rest of her abnormally long life alone.

Three Years After The Snap

Evie tossed Morgan into the air as the little girl squealed and giggled. "Evie more!" Morgan screamed.

Evie tickled the little girl, "I love you Morgs."

"My Evie," Morgan said, wrapping her arms around Evie's neck.