Why?

Evie opened her eyes, she was resting her head on something hard. Her neck was sore and her pillow was... breathing?! She jerked up, and heard a chuckle. James. Oh thank goodness. She looked at him, "Why are you in my bed?"

"You're in my bed doll," James said.

Evie looked around, remembering the night before. Her dream. The camp. 1943. "Oh yeah."

"You never said what you were dreaming about," he stated.

"Forty three. When you came back," Evie said, "It felt so real."

"You weren't the only one dreaming about forty three," James mumbled.

Evie rested her hand on his chest feeling his heartbeat. A heart she knew at one point once beat for her. Now after everything. She wasn't entirely sure. "You survived for a reason. I don't know what the reason was James but it was for a reason. And we're going to wrap this up. And then we both have some decisions to make."

"I've already mad my decision Evie," he grumbled.

She slid out of the bed, "I'm going back to my room."

"You don't want to hear it?"

"I want to give you a choice James. You were a prisoner of war for seventy years. You don't know what freedom feels like and I'm trying to give you that. Even though it hurts me," she nearly shouted, before leaving the bedroom. She slipped into the room she was staying in. Zemo was standing by her window. Evie sighed, "It's too early for you."

"Why didn't you kill me?" he asked.

"We're playing hardball this morning eh?" Evie asked, "Why didn't I kill you which time Helmut?"

"You know exactly when Stark," Zemo stated.

"Can we not do this? Ever?" Evie snapped.

"No, now or my services end," Zemo replied.

"You seem to forget you're not the only billionaire in this room," Evie said, raising her eyebrow.

Zemo stared at her, "Why?"

"Because I honestly believed you could become a good  man. I've been wrong before," Evie said.

"Miss Stark for a spy you're a horrid liar," he replied.

"What was I supposed to do? Shoot you? You were a child!" Evie hissed.

"I was twenty," he said.

"You were a child. We all get wrapped up in the things we believe in," she said, with a shrug.

"That's not what that was and you know it," Zemo snarled.

"Does it bother you? Is that why you need an answer? Knowing I could have let you die twice Helmut? Knowing the hatred you have that I still let you live. That you owe your life to the thing you hate more than anything," she stated.

"Why?"

"Because Zemo I'm not as horrible as you make me out to be," Evie sighed, "Now can you please go?"