How many have you saved?

Evie tucked her hands into her back pockets she'd decided to follow James upon their landing in Latvia. She watched him converse with Ayo.

"Mrs. Barnes," Ayo greeted with a nod, alerting James to her presence.

Evie smiled, stepping out of the shadows. "James I feel like you have some explaining to do."

James sighed, "I might have had some ulterior motives for breaking Zemo out. Yes he's a useful tool but I had a deal with the Wakandans."

Ayo smirked, as Evie rolled her eyes. She knew full well that a Wakandan marriage wasn't ended easily and the divorce papers were forged by the princess herself to motivate James into action. A drastic step yes. But a necessary one.

"You're a fool James Barnes," Evie said honestly, folding her arms across her chest.

"I've been accused of worse," he replied, "By you to be frank."

"Thirty six hours, Ayo. That's all we're asking," Evie said, watching her friend give a solemn nod before disappearing.

James grabbed Evie pushing her up against the wall, roughly. "Do you not trust me Evie?"

"I do trust you. Unfortunately I was once a great spy. Not so much any more. I needed to know you were safe. End of the day that's my number one concern. You making it home to give me an appropriate answer," she said.

"Evie I"-

"Take your time James," she said as he let her go. "I'm going to take a walk. It's not my first time in Latvia." She slid out from between him and the wall, before walking down the alley.

James watched her disappear before going back to the apartment. Sam watched him come back alone, "Where's Evie?"

"This isn't Miss Stark's first time in Latvia.  She has a friend she's visiting," Zemo said.

"And how do you know that?" Sam snapped and James poured himself a drink.

"She pretty well hinted as much," James said.

***

Evie settled across from Julian, a man easily in his sixties, that didn't look older than forty five. "Evelyn darling," he greeted dropping a kiss to her cheek as she poured their tea.

"Julian," she greeted, with a smile. She adored Julian upon meeting him forty years ago. He'd been a valuable asset over seas he always had his thumb on the heartbeat of everything.

"Your beauty never ceases to amaze me Evelyn. Did you find your solider?" Julian had been one of her first calls a decade ago when Loki hinted James was still alive.

"I did. He's traveling with me as we speak. I need to know about"-

"Miss Morgenthau?"

"Yes. Julian what do you know?"

"I think extremist is an extreme term," Julian said honestly.

"Then what do you think? Because I see vials of the serum that made me and Steve and"-

"Your solider." Julian looked at her, "Tell me what's wrong old friend."

Evie sipped her tea. "I love him. Always have. Always will. Doesn't mean it's easy. He was gone with the snap. I went back to Tony and Pep. They had a baby I help raise that baby into this brilliant Stark. And then the blip and everyone is back. And it looked okay. Morgan my baby fell in love with her Bucky. And then he disappeared once Steve left. This is the most I've seen my husband in our entire marriage."