20 - Memories of the third

TW - swearing, hospital, mentions of death, mentions of rape

SAPNAP POV -

We arrived at the hospital and Quackity was rushed into emergency surgery. Karl and I tried to follow him but we were blocked. Karl's mom insisted on taking us home, ignoring our profuse protests. We followed her through the hospital, my arm around a sobbing Karl who was clutching Quackity's beanie. I had tears rolling down my cheeks as we entered the waiting room, heading for the exit.

To my surprise, Quackity's parents were sitting there, crying quietly. The second Karl and I saw them we tensed with rage.
"YOU'RE HOUSING THE GUY WHO STABBED HIM!" I yelled before I could stop myself. Quackity's parents looked up in shock.
"What?" His mom stuttered, standing up and stumbling towards me, tears staining her face.

"Brandon fucking stabbed Quackity. And even after we told you that Brandon tried to rape Karl, you let him live with you. And the worst part is that Quackity blamed himself for not being a good enough son," I spat, holding Karl closer to me and glaring at her and her husband. She gasped, shocked,
"The school said someone named Brad beat him up," She breathed, her eyes wide. I nodded and laughed humourlessly,
"Yeah, he did, after Brandon stabbed Quackity," I said, she choked out a sob, clapping her hand over her mouth.

"Boys! Come on, leave them alone, we need to get home, we'll be back later," Karl's mom called suddenly, gesturing us towards the exit. Karl sniffled softly, wiping his eyes. I gently took the beanie from his hands and placed it on his head, whispering quietly in his ear,
"We'll be okay, we won't let go of him," I gently kissed his cheek, hoping to bring comfort to the brunette. He smiled sadly at me and nodded, adjusting the beanie so it was the same way that Quackity wore it.

We began our walk to the exit when Quackity's dad called out to us,
"Give me the beanie!" He cried, standing up and striding over to us, holding out his hand. I stepped protectively in front of Karl, shaking my head.
"No fucking way. Quackity gave it to us before he died. It's ours now," I stated, squeezing Karl's hand. Quackity's dad snatched at the beanie.

"I gave him that beanie! I want it! To remember my son by! I'm his father!"

Now that really pissed me off.

This guy was acting like he'd been the best dad on the planet. He was acting like he'd had the perfect father-son relationship with Quackity.

I hated that.

"Yeah and we're Quackity's boyfriends! The only people who truly accept him and love him! You were weird about his sexuality and the whole polyamory thing, he always felt like a disappointment! But Karl and I love him more than anything, unconditionally. He's our soulmate!" I yelled, glaring at the man infront of me.

"Loved. Not love. He's dead. Because you two corrupted his mind, forced him into this unnatural relationship,"

I felt like I'd just been shot.

My heart shattered. Was it really our fault that Quackity was dead?

No it couldn't be. He loved us too. I knew he did.

"Shut the fuck up," I growled, balling my hand into a fist. Quackity's dad rolled his eyes,
"You killed him," He spat.

Then I punched him, sending him stumbling backwards.

I immediately put my arm back around Karl and lead him outside, assuring him that it wasn't our fault. We climbed into the car, holding onto each other, crying silently. The car ride was silent.

When we got home, Karl and I went upstairs, both of us pulling on one of Quackity's hoodies, doing our best not to break down in more tears. Karl connected his phone to the tv and we both curled up on his bed, holding each other and scrolling through videos of Quackity in his camera roll.

We watched a particular one multiple times, smiling at Quackity's loud laugh as a steady stream of tears began to fall.

-Video-

Quackity was struggling to stand the phone up against the living room wall, collapsing into giggles every five seconds as the phone continued to collapse. He muttered a string of curses in between his hysterical laughter as the phone collapsed yet again. Eventually he got it to stand up and he took a few steps backwards.

"HI KARL! HI SAPNAP! IT'S ME! YOUR BOYFRIEND!" Quackity yelled, waving excitedly at the camera. "YOU'RE HOT!"

He collapsed into a fit of giggles, clutching his stomach, struggling to breathe from laughter. It took a moment for him to regain composure and when he did, he looked back at the camera, taking a deep breath.

"I just wanted to film this because you guys are at Walmart right now and Karl left his phone and I realised I hadn't graced his camera roll with a video of me yet, so yeah," Quackity laughed again, pushing the short, black hair poking out from under his beanie, out of his eyes.

"I actually don't know what to do now that I'm here," He admitted, laughing yet again. After a moment he started blowing kisses at the camera,
"I LOVE YOU! MWAH! I LOVE YOU!" He cried, spinning in a circle, laughing the entire time, desperately trying not to fall over.

Out of view from the camera, the front door could be heard opening and Karl and Sapnap's voices, calling out to Quackity who tripped at the sound of their arrival and was now sitting on the floor.
"SHIT!" He yelled, leaping to his feet and hurrying to grab Karl's phone.

He brought the camera up close to his face, smiling widely.
"BYE! LOVE YOU IDIOTS!" He waved excitedly and the screen went black.

-End of Video-

The video had us both in tears after the sixth time watching it, both of us desperately wishing that Quackity was here with us, trying to explain what the fuck that was.

We were about to watch the video one more time when the door to the room flew open and Karl's mom came running in, phone held up to her ear,
"Yes, thank you, buh bye," She hung up and shoved her phone back into her pocket, staring at us.

"Boys, that was the hospital.

Quackity... he's..."

Word count - 1049

A/N -
Hello!
Thoughts?

Have an amazing day/night!
You are all awesome and valid <3!

Thanks for reading!