Chapter 15

You haven't been horny for a whole day.

Are you okay?

ha ha

I'm proud of you.

I've got something for you.

a reward?

Kind of.

Starting today at 12 pm you can use swear words again if you want. But no insults and no cursing on me.

nice

After dropping Maddie off, I lay in my bed knowing that if I didn't want to be late for training, I should get up. I actually didn't feel like training. But to be honest, somehow I didn't feel like doing anything. I got up to have a smoke. I heard music, turned it off again. My phone vibrated.

?

thx

ill use it well

Grammar

thank you

It was in the middle of training when my phone rang. During training I always put calls on vibration and I wondered what the hell he wanted again, had a bad feeling because of my last experience during training. Of course I didn't answer. I waited until the end of the training. Only then did I look at my phone, sweaty and tired, but still feeling a lot better than before. I saw that it wasn't him who called but Maddie and I called her back immediately.

I heard a click on the line, as if someone had answered but no one said anything. "Maddie?"

"Hi Oss." I stopped breathing when I heard his voice. My limbs froze, somehow I was afraid he could hear me. I wanted to say so much. Like, why the hell do you have Maddie's phone? Or, keep your hands off her. But I couldn't get a single word out. "Are you still scared of me?"

I hung up and dropped my phone. I picked it up again right away. The display was broken. "Fuck..."

"What's wrong?" Jamie, another one of my youngest students asked. Apparently we both were the last one left in the studio.

"No. Nothing."

"Is your phone broken?"

"Yes."

"Does it still work?"

I tapped my phone and it wasn't responding. I just didn't know if it was because it fell or if it was just too old. "Shit... I guess not."

"It's pretty old, isn't it? Get a new one."

Wow. Great idea. Why didn't I think of that? "Yeah, I will." If I just had enough money for that.

I walked home in the dark, still having my brothers voice in my head. I forced myself not to think about it. I got home and threw my broken phone on my bed. I closed the window and took a hot shower, turned the music on so loud it numbed my mind. Only then did I take care of my phone. Or tried. Turned it off. Turned it on again. I tried a few times. Then I got so angry I threw my phone against the wall. I took a deep breath. I had to call Maddie or I would go crazy. Why did she call me?

The doorbell rang and I winced. My thoughts flickered to David. I shook my head. Impossible. Stupid boy. 

I put on some clothes. Sweatpants and a T-Shirt. It rang again. I clicked my tongue and stumbled to the door. I opened it a crack. "Yes?"

The man, which name I still didn't want to know lifted his hand with his phone, lifted an eyebrow and said, "You're not answering."

"My phone is broken."

He cocked his head. "This isn't an excuse, right?"

"It doesn't work anymore." He didn't seem to believe me. I rolled my eyes and walked to my phone, which was still on the floor where I threw it against the wall. "See? Total damage. Doesn't work anymore. It's not an excuse, I didn't have a way to contact you."

He took my phone and looked at it, raising a brow. "Quite old."

"So?"

"Quite old for I give you so much money. Why don't you buy a new one?"

"What a brilliant idea, thank you." He furrowed his eyebrows, looking a little angry. "Sorry," I sighed. "Not a good day. Of course I will do something about my broken phone as soon as possible."

"When?"

"I don't know, tomorrow? Will take a while til it comes out of repair though."

"Just get a new one, Oscar. Don't you have a replacement phone?"

I couldn't help but laugh. "Replacement phone? Really? Are you that rich?"

"Dear god..." He took a deep breath. "An old phone that still works? Anything?"

"No."

"Fine." He turned around to go. "I'll be right back. Meanwhile, you can come up with a good summary of what I missed."

When he was gone I really had to pull myself together. I wasn't in the mood to chase any stupid unnecessary commands. So I didn't.