Bonus Chapter 3

Hi! I actually wrote this chapter on Christmas and was thinking about not publishing it or publish it much later because well, it's not Christmas haha but I think there are some important things in here so I'll just publish it now :)

________________________________

Blair
@Oscar What are you doing the days after Christmas?

It was dark outside already when I arrived at my parents house and read the message, waiting in the cold before the front door opened. The window of the kitchen gave me some light. I shuddered, my fingers numb and cramped from driving my motorcycle as I typed.

I'm with my father today, tomorrow with my mother

My father opened the door and shuddered. „Come in, come in," he said. „God, it's freezing cold!" And while I took off my shoes and jacket he said, „Dinner's not ready yet. You can wait in the living room." Since my parents had parted and the court had decided for Maddie to stay with her father a few months ago, I have always tried to visit them more often. But today was different. It wasn't just Maddie and my father and I was excited.

I could already smell the food and my stomach was growling. „Is Nina already here?" My father nodded and I walked grinning into the living room. I heard the voice of my older sister who I haven't seen in a year. I sneaked up to her and hugged her from behind. Nina gasped as I lifted her up and Maddie giggled.

„You jerk! Let me down!" she yelled and tried to free herself, laughing. I let her down, but I hugged her tighter. „Sweet Jesus, you got stronger!"

„That's what training does."

What happened here a month ago, Nina had only witnessed from afar. She had an even better relationship with our father than I did, and my father had told her everything over the phone. A few weeks after David's arrest, she had called me and asked how I was doing. She was older than David, but she had told me that David had shown signs when they were children. Like, jerking off in front of her or something. I was shocked when she told me about it.

I sat on the couch checking my phone while waiting for dinner, while Nina and Maddie sang along with the Christmas song playing in the background.

Blair
The day after tomorrow?

nothing planned

Felix
yayyyy

Blair
Come over to our place?

Felix
I'll cook something amazing!

time?

Felix
how about 6 pm?

Blair
Later

Working til 7

Felix
nooooo

holy s ur working on christmas days?

urgh

Blair
Does any of you ever even look at my work schedule?

when I need it 👀

Felix
I do I just forgot