Chapter 64 (End)

When I walked out of the court room I felt awful. The fear didn't go away, maybe it was the fear of something else. Of what would expect me now. Or the fear that I just did something very wrong. I felt helpless, lost, how I was standing there alone. Like I was falling again and just waiting to hit the hard ground. I couldn't do anything about it. I was terrified, thinking David would just come up to me any moment. God, that would have been my worst nightmare. And I felt like throwing up again. I kept staying close to the bathroom, in any case.

I flinched when I felt a hand on my shoulder. But it was just Blair. I was close to grab him and say to him, 'Please don't leave me alone'. „You alright?" I nodded slowly. I looked around. Felix wasn't near. „He's in the bathroom."

„What?"

Blair looked at me. „Why don't you sit down?" he asked. „You look pale." Sure I looked pale, because I just found David walking out of the court room and his eyes were scanning the room. He was looking for me.

I panicked and just turned around to Blair. „I'm alright," I said when I saw he was still looking at me, worried. „That lawyer was just a real asshole."

„Well, I agree with you," Blair said, sighing. „He was talking such nonsense. And the audacity just to out you."

„I don't even care. But he made it sound like I was guilty." I closed my eyes, sighing. Everything was blurry suddenly. I lowered my voice. „God, I should have just said I'm single or something."

„No." Blair shook his head. "Oscar, sweetheart, you did the right thing. You're not allowed to lie in court." He squeezed my shoulder and I opened my eyes to look at him smile. „The truth always comes to light."

And then I saw Felix behind him leaving the bathroom. He was wearing a shirt and it looked so adorable how he had pinned back his hair. My heart jumped when his eyes met mine. He wasn't smiling like Blair. He looked like he was about to cry as he walked towards me. God damn it, how I have missed him. It's been almost a month. A month full of chats and phone and video calls. A month full of stress and fear, full of 'I can't do this anymore' and 'I just want to see you'.

Felix lay his hands on my arms as he reached me, stroking me, looking up at me as if he was worried I'd break down any moment. „Hey," he said very softly. „How do you feel?" I just looked at him like an idiot, nodding. I seriously was thinking to kiss him, just ignoring all of these people. They knew now anyway, didn't they? Felix then lay his hand on my cheek. „You look a little pale."

„Jesus," I sighed, even though I really felt a little dizzy. „I'm alright. You both don't have to treat me like a baby. Seriously..." Felix was a bit too careful as he wrapped his arms around me. And then, a bit too impassioned when he squeezed me and snuggled his head into my neck, his curls tickling me, his arms clinging. I took a deep breath, kind of relieved I could finally hug him like this without feeling bad for being happy. Maddie was safe. And now I could finally enjoy being in love.

„I'm so sorry this happened to you," Felix whispered. He moved away from me a little, kept his hands on my chest and looked at me as serious as ever before. „I'm here for you."

„We are." I turned my head to Blair who was probably the only one who dared to smile at me today. It gave me a lot of courage. Like everything's gonna be alright now. He lay an arm around me, encouragingly patting my shoulder. Felix leaned his head on my chest. And I felt safe like that. I didn't care about what the people around us thought. I didn't care if David or my family were near. All that mattered to me was Felix and Blair. I wasn't alone. I wasn't scared. I wasn't a weak kid anymore. And I would never be nine years old ever again.