lee heeseung - how to love

note: (my inspiration) "I want to know...where I can go, when you're not around and I'm feeling down..." (I'll add the playlist later)

a/n: a lot of you reading this are probably heeseung biased, but how would you react if you suddenly met your bias in public? also, i'm not very happy with the title so if you have any suggestions pls lmk.

tw: angst

1588 words

- linden

You sit in your bed with the quilt and sheets bunched up around your waist, and a book in your hands. Your eyes flit across the text, soaking in the fictional romance that erupts from the pages. There was a time that was you. There was a time where you were happy and filled with a bubbly feeling in your chest that you never thought could go away.

And you were right. It's still always there. But he didn't feel it, did he?

......

Heeseung's breath brushed across your cheek as you lay in his soft embrace. You giggled into his chest when the whispers of a lighthearted joke swirled around your ear. You were both melting into the soft couch that squatted in the living room of the house where the seven boys lived. The rest had gone to sleep, save for Jay who was in the kitchen drinking soda, and Ni-ki who was in bed but was playing games.

When you brought your hand up to brush the hair from his face, he leaned forward and kissed your wrist. You froze in place and he smirked a little. You curled up with your knees to your chest and your lips pursed, feeling flustered, "Don't do that..."

"Aww. Did you get flustered?" Heeseung smiled and bit his tongue. "Cute."

......

You come upon a scene that makes you pull in a raspy breath. The two fictional characters that only come alive your mind are suddenly sparking a memory inside you. It reminds you of the first time you and Heeseung met.

You were also an Engene then, and you and your family had come to Seoul for summer vacation. It had been all you could do not to run away when you saw him.

......

You sat on the far end of a bench at the park,  swinging your feet and letting them hit the leg that supported the seat. You held a book up in front of your face, fantastical designs of dragons spread across the cover. You were drawing to the end of a chapter when you heard someone sit down at the far end of the same bench, speaking softly into a phone and laughing. You didn't bother looking up and instead picked a slice of pear from the little plastic box that sat by your side without even letting your eyes stray from the text.

You only changed your stature when you accidentally hit the bench support too hard with your swinging foot. You felt your eyes start to burn and yelped. You marked your page and set the book beside you so you could inspect your foot. There wasn't much to inspect because of your shoes so you started to pack your things to go back to the hotel since it was almost lunch time anyway and your parents were expecting you.

That was when a voice interrupted you, "Are you okay?"

You turned your head to meet a pair of dark eyes and a mask-covered face that was all too familiar. Your eyes widened and you turned away immediately. In a small voice you replied, "...yeah...thank you-"

Your voice cracked and you put your hands to your face, eyes going even wider. You looked up at him, not sure how to feel. You couldn't see his entire face, but you could sense a smile in his eyes.

Even though you knew full well who you were staring at, you couldn't help but ask, "Do I...know you?" You tilted your head and fought against your frantic heart and the urge to run away. He pulled his mask under his chin and held out a hand, "My name is Lee Heeseung, and I wouldn't be surprised if you did."