nishimura riki - forgetting love

a/n: i saw that on my pinterest and i immediately thought of riki, so here i am ^^ ik it has nothing to do with the story but still 😶

tw: angst, cursing

2126 words

- linden

Usually in books the weather reflected the situation. Maybe something bad was happening and, for that, the sky was dark and cloudy and sharp rain was dashing on the ground like the skies were in rage.

In real life, the weather did its own thing. It would be sunny when it wanted to and the skies would rage when they wanted to. The stupid weather didn't care what happened to you, or for the record, anyone else.

That same stupid weather showed a bright and sunny sky with soft wisps of clouds when your world unknowingly started to end. That was the day you met Nishimura Riki. It was also the day you fell for him:

You were calmly curled up on your couch with a book. The words ran across your eyes and you could hear the voices in your head narrating the story. In the background of your mind, you could hear the giggles and yelling of your five year old sisters.

It had been a couple of months since you'd moved here. It was only supposed to be temporary for your single dad's work, but you didn't see enough chance of returning home. Summer was almost over and school would be starting soon. It stressed you, but what was there to do?

You heard your dad's voice calling to you as he ran around the tiny house, pulling on his shoes and coat. "Y/n, I've been called into work on a short notice! Can you take care of the twins? Take them to the park, they've been bothering me about it!" His voice drifted off as he locked the door and left. You yelled in an attempt for him to hear you. "OKAY."

You let out a sigh that shook your entire body before setting aside the book you'd been reading. "Girls!" You smiled at your younger sisters as they ran to you. They were the product of your dad's most recent marriage. You'd been born years before them to your own mother who died a couple weeks after your birth. The twins' mother divorced your dad three years after they were born.

"Do you want to go to the park?" You asked. They squealed. "Yes! Yes!" Mia shouted. Aja gave you pleading eyes, "Can we have a playdate with Kiyo later?"

You smiled and let out a breath. "Not today, but we can go to the park! Let's get ready." You said. The twins followed you to the bedroom all three of you shared. You started to pull clothes out of their closet before turning to yours. One bedroom but two closets, sure, that makes sense.

For Mia and Aja, you set out a light pink shirt with a daisy on it paired with a ruffley yellow skirt as well as a plain pink tshirt paired with denim overalls that had little daisies stitched into the pocket. You directed them to which one was meant for who and turned to your own closet. For yourself you picked an outfit you already knew looked nice on you because you didn't have the patience to find anything else.

"Ready?" You asked the girls. They nodded and gave you a harmonic answer, "Yes!" Just before you left, you put your sisters into flip flops before putting on a pair of strappy sandals.

The walk to the park was pleasant. The sun was hitting you in a pleasant way and coloring your skin with warmth. You could feel the heat of the sidewalk through your sandals; the air smelled like summer. Fresh and hopeful and bright.

You reached the park with Mia and Aja tightly clutching your hands on either side. Even so, as soon as their gazes searched out Kiyo, who was coincidentally there, they let go of your hands and disappeared onto the playground.

Save for you and Kiyo's twenty six year old mom that sat on a bench to the left with an abundance of snacks, there was no one at the park. Or at least that's what you thought.