pov: enhypen on a roadtrip

tw: none

2030 words

- linden

"I SWEAR TO GOD IF YOU GUYS WRECK MY DAD'S VAN-"

That was the first sentence that left your mouth the morning you planned to leave for the roadtrip. You were cut off by Jay patting your head and giving you a small, annoyed 'Yah!'.

"He literally offered it up to us." Jake said as he peered into the car with shining eyes. You whined something under your breath and let yourself be pushed into the middle of the middle seats.

You sat with your knees pressed together in a mock-grumpy state when, to tell the truth, you were excited. You heard the bump and thump of the boys trying to shove things into the trunk. "Do you need help?" You called.

"Nope." Sunghoon leaned into the van and placed a backpack of snacks and books by your feet. "Put your seatbelt on." He ordered.

"I can help, you know." You mumbled.

"You're the one who just got off from a cast for a fractured ankle."

"So why are we going on this trip?" You asked as you obeyed and clicked on your seatbelt. Sunghoon looked at you, eyebrows raised. "Because we planned it before your dumbass decided to fall off the monkeybars at a playground."

"Fine." You rolled your eyes playfully and tried not to smile.

————

Soon enough the luggage was loaded and pillows were thrown into the car and backpacks were spilling over feet.

In the front, Heeseung was at the steering wheel with Jay in the passenger's side seat. In the middle, where you sat, Sunoo was curled up on your right with his feet up on the seat and his shoes off, yet with his seat belt still on. To your left, Riki was holding a big fluffy pillow similar to yours and had his arms propped up on it with his fingers curled around his nintendo switch.

In the back most row of seats, a sleepy Jungwon, who had also sat in the van while the others loaded the trunk, was leaning against a pillow pressed to the window with Jake in the middle and Sunghoon to the right.

This arrangement was most likely for Heeseung and Jay to keep an eye on Sunoo and Riki (and you) while everyone in the back kept an eye on each other. It wasn't very complicated, really. Just keep the slightly more chaotic children in the middle where they could be watched.

————

Not even half an hour into the drive, you were complaining that you were hungry and Ni-ki was joining you in doing so. He leaned over you and grabbed for the backpack at your feet. He pulled it up and unzipped it so the two of you could inspect it's contents.

You frowned at said contents. You felt Sunoo's warmth when he leaned onto your shoulder to also peer into the backpack. "How come we get the bag with the granola bars?" He frowned.

You yelped when you felt a couple of bags being thrown at your head. "What was that for??" You asked. You twisted and lifted yourself up, trying to glare over the back of your seat with your seatbelt digging into your body from the motion.

"Snacks!" Sunghoon informed. You dropped back down as you heard Jake's sudden giggles. "Oh, look..Won is sleeping."

"He'll wake up." You realized in a monotonous voice. "Everybody shut up!" You hissed. In no more than a moment, the van dissolved into silence save for the crinkling of chip bags on Riki's part and the soft sound of outside traffic.

You touched Ni-ki's hand to stop him. He stopped for an annoyed moment and bumped you with his shoulder. Everything was silent, all until Jungwon mumbled something under his breath, although loud enough that everyone could hear. "I was never actually sleeping, but a little silence was nice."