lee heeseung - if we have eachother; if we're together

note: "the world's not perfect but it's not that bad, if we got each other and that's all we have, i will be your lover and i'll hold your hand, you should know i'll be there for you."

apocalypse!au

[spotify: if we're together]

tw: sad; guns/explosives; cursing

2020 words

- linden

You gasped and your eyes flew open to darkness. You shivered under the thin sheet that lay over your body. "Heeseung.." You whispered, "Hee.."

You felt warm arms wrap around your body and a face get pressed into your hair. His breath was warm on your skin. "Shh." He murmured. He ran a hand up and down your arm.

"Is it another air raid? A bombing?" You whispered. "Do you think they killed the neighbors again?" You choked out. Heeseung's grip tightened around you. "It's okay..I'm here."

Nearly two years and you hadn't gotten used to the violence; the death.

You shifted against Heeseung's body, reveling in the snippets of his warmth that encapsulated you. The entire flat smelled like dust and moth balls, but he still faintly smelled like vanilla and cotton candy. You hadn't had either real item in what felt like ages.

"You're scared too." You whispered. Unconsciously, your hands had curled into fists around his t-shirt. He moved you as close to his body as he possibly could. "But you're with me." Heeseung murmured. "So it's okay." He breathed out onto your skin and you suddenly wanted to ask him to kiss you. You whimpered and tucked yourself closer.

"I'm sorry." You whispered. "I'm just so scared that one day...you'll be gone, and i'll have to live with it."

"I would kill myself."

"What?" You whispered. You furrowed your eyebrows and looked up at him. Your head met with his chin and you shifted up so you could face him. "What? Hee.."

"I mean.." He placed a small kiss on your cheek. "That I wouldn't be able to live without you."

You felt yourself tear up all of a sudden. Your eyeballs felt hot. "Gosh.." You mumbled. "Gosh..I don't think I could live without you either.." You took a soft raggedy breath. "I miss everyone.."

Heeseung frowned and fiddled with a strand of your hair. "Me too.." He closed his eyes and adjusted so he was just a little less than squeezing you to his body. "Just listen to my voice." He hummed.

You nodded and let out a soft breath near his collarbone.

Talking to Heeseung, you'd almost forgotten the sounds of gunshots and shouts outside the old dusty building; listening to him sing, you completely forgot.

————

The both of you spent the day at the flat in silence. You always did, because it was dangerous. You never knew when the new government wanted to pick a fight with an innocent family, or in your case, couple.

You rarely ever went out, and the few times you did, you were ever cautious and only out to buy, or steal, necessities. Stealing had unfortunately become something you needed to do to survive. Steal food, steal hygiene stuff, sack the grocery stores.

Most were empty by now and most materials came from out of country helicopters that attempted terribly at providing relief.

Both you and Heeseung also rarely ate three meals a day. For the most part you both woke up late and ate lunch, skipped dinner and slept as early as you could. Blackout curtains were usually up by six anyway.