park sunghoon - coping

note: "kids are still depressed when you dress them up"

sorta vampire!au..

!!tw: vampire-ish-ness; blood; angst; suicide; self harm; heavy topics!!

2398 words

- linden

You woke up to deep darkness filled with an air of solitude. You were gasping with your silken quilt thrown off your bed and your legs strangled by your sheets. Many of your pillows were also on the ground and icicles of tears touched at your lashes and trickled down your cheeks.

Your heart was frantic and chills rushed through your skin and into your veins. Your breathing was a heavy, disturbing sound in the silent darkness.

The scars on your thighs were strained from the endeavor that broke you out of your nightmare. The familiar coppery scent of blood carried up to your senses.

You turned your head to the left when you felt a familiar presence. You were blind to your surroundings. Everything was bathed in shadows and your eyes were slow to adjust. Chilly fingers touched your skin.

"Deep breaths. Don't bleed." He ran his cold hands up and down your arms. His fingertips were frosty like they'd been covered in ice, but he was radiating warmth from the center.

You were pressed close to him, curled up in the middle of your big bed in your grand bedroom with every fancy thing you never wanted. Your feet were bare and the bottoms pale with your creamy off-white sheets twisted and wrapped all around your body in a tangled mess.

His arms tightened around your waist and his lips touched your neck lightly. "Shhh." He murmured. He rubbed your back comfortingly. "Don't bleed." Easy for the immortal vampire to say.

You shivered and wrapped your arms around him. One of his arms slid down and under the sheets to touch one of the scars on your thighs. You held back a silent scream at the pulsing, throbbing pain of the reopened cut. You knew that when he brought his fingers away, the red glisten of blood coated his pale skin.

Your eyes had started to adjust to the dark in time for you to see him bring his blood touched fingers to his lips. You quickly reached up and pulled his hand away from his lips. "Sunghoon." You warned.

"Sorry." Sunghoon shook his head. "Thank you for remembering to not let me." His eyes flickered up to your face. His skin was pale in an eternally glowing kind of way and his eyes the deep kind of dark that could swallow you up and you could get lost in like a maze of black marble.

He touched your face with delicate fingers and hugged you to his body. "Why do you hurt yourself?" He whispered.

"I really don't know." You murmured. Your mind said: because it takes my mind off the world. You didn't let that spill past your lips.

Sunghoon's breath was soft. "Please don't. It hurts me in more than one way."

You swallowed dryly. "I know. I'm sorry."

Sunghoon gently pushed you down so you were laying back with your head fully enveloped in your fluffy pillows. He adjusted the sheets around your waist and pulled the quilt off the floor to lay it over your body.

"Sleep well, y/n." He whispered.

"Live eternally, Sunghoon."

He smiled and placed a kiss to your forehead. "Not without you." But you'd already slipped back into sleep.