Chapter 9

Still Sabrina's POV. Following day.

"Shana, please. You can't tell me it doesn't look like he went the whole nine yards. Or she. She was telling me that we're alike, so I don't know if that meant she's an-"

"Intersex. Either that or she had a strap-on. Or the boy did it.'

I sighed and looked out at the trees. The birds had just begun to chirp. They had no business reminding me that I barely slept a couple of hours here.

"I really need you to confirm it first. I can't run any tests before that. Monitor it for a couple of weeks-"

"A couple of weeks!?" I nearly yelled then looked around the vacant yard, "that's too long. She seems... I don't know, but what if it escalates? I'm concerned."

"I can give you the number to a therapist that can help with remembering suppressed memories that the brain blocks or in the event of trauma. "

"It's crazy. It- there was so much blood! And I know that I have limited experience with that cause I-- you know, but that- her flows have never been that smooth. She always complained about heavy cramps. So much so that she would miss out on a day or 2 of school and not eat the first day. And how convenient is it to happen after that assault? Or assaults?"

"Ok, Eva, I know. I believe you, but to file the report without the victim herself saying it won't end up good." I heard her sigh from the other end of the call. "You have your abilities,  you told them yet? You could help with that, you see things."

"I- um. I just have them speculating. Uh. They kinda sense that I can pick up on people's intentions and thoughts to an extent, but not the other one. And I'm afraid to hold her hand with the intention to see what went down."

The last thing I wanted to do was see, or in this case, FEEL what went down while she was unconscious. I rather that be undiscovered.

"Don't worry. I give it a month max till that even comes to light. I don't know how her mom will react though."

"Her Mãe. Her mom, and dad, are dead," I looked around and noticed a bit of sunlight streaming from a spot in the thick clouds. "I think I'm gonna do breakfast then take a nap."

"Alright kid, tell mom I said hi ok?"

"I promise. Love you."

I hung up the phone and wrapped myself in the blanket I laid on the lounge chair with. I'd get up a few minutes later and head to the kitchen after calming down.
I could barely sleep last night. Bekati slept like there were no peas under her mattress, while I felt like there were all the peas under me and stayed up from 3 am and now, it's 6 am.

I let out a sigh of exasperation, then went into the cool house. I was more than sorry for ANYONE who had to sleep outside during this kind of weather. Even if it was average around this time. I put the blanket over a barstool near the kitchen island then proceeded to see what I could whip up.

I surveyed the fridge, then the pantry, then the fridge again. Pulling out coffee-flavored ice cream in consideration. Then remembered she should have warmer stuff during cold weather.

I should do a pumpkin pie. Yes! I just need to go to the grocery store after breakfast.

"You think loud." Abosk voiced from upstairs.

"Then act like a non-advanced human and not hear it." I shrugged.

"Eh, Nah. Your inner monologue is entertaining. "

He walked over to where I was and assisted in making hot chocolate and chocolate chip pancakes for Bekati. However, she was feeling, this would make her even brighter. I- well, we, Abosk and I- really needed her to know and recap before their guardians came home.