chapter 11

Feb 19, 2036

There is one thing I dislike more than school And that's having to participate in an athletic activity; making an exception for archery, pole dancing, and other types of dances. Given that information, that's why I always sit on the bleachers during P.E. unless we have some kind of activity to be graded. Sabrina loves sports though, so I don't hold her back from participating on the court.

I stared at the blank page my sketch pad was opened on. Many ideas were in my head, but I couldn't settle on one. They were all great but I needed something better.

My eyes wandered around the gym until I saw something that sparked my interest. I smiled momentarily as I finally found a great subject and started to draw.
Now, normally, I'd have to look back up at the model or thing that sparked my interest... often, but I completed this one in ten minutes without looking back up.

And I was just stunned.

I looked at Sabrina, then back at my drawing. Then back at her. It looked more realistic than anything I've ever drawn.

She caught me looking at her not too long after, and I've never looked away so quickly.
I turned to another page and just began to doodle along the edges.

"Hey,"

I looked up at this girl that came beside me.
"Uh, hi... who are you?" And why are you in my personal space?

"I'm Emilia. And I know who you are, Bekati. Coleman. This leads me to my next question."

Ignore her, the puppeteer's voice came back in my head.

But I wanted to see where this went.

Fine, be rebellious.

"Ok..."

"Zendaya is dead... but there's a lot of people that spilt information saying she had twins before she died. And that her death was by suicide." She talked softly.

I scoffed then repeated the last line in my head. What article did that come from? I thought it was a road accident.

"Do you have receipts? Can I see them?"

She quickly got out her phone and scrolled through her browser history. I was trying to process how and when that came about.

The site was an open site but was labelled false. So I hesitated to believe this girl.

Yet she continued to show me a boatload of information. I barely skimmed over the words. I didn't want to deal with what happened to my mother right now and prayed for some sort of distraction. Or something to deviate me from beginning to feel what I was feeling.

"Are you ok?" She ran a hand over my shoulder, then my braided hair. "Did your father have curlier hair? Assuming your mom was lighter?"

What?the?fuck?

"What? I don't know! I don't know him!" I half yelled, startling her before I pulled my head away. "As far as I know. She was my aunt. Maybe her twins got shipped away or something."

"Oh... I'm sorry for upsetting you-"

I took her phone, put in my number, and sent the link to me.

"I'll read into it anyway. Talk to you another time Emilia." I got up and walked down the bleachers with my water and sketch material.

The people on the court had started to play volleyball and I walked alongside the bleachers till I was close enough to the door. The P.E. teacher called for me, but thinking it was for walking out without permission; I kept walking. I was only a few seconds from the door when I saw the volleyball fly past my head.