chapter 32

"Dude! I'm so fucking bored!"

"Me too, wanna go argue with pedos online?"

"Eva, it's 9 in the morning. Of course, I do!"

"Nah y'all gonna drain your energy. Don't. " Bella warned from the hall. "Have any of you seen or heard from Z?"

I looked around as everyone but my brother shook their head.

"Uh, she mentioned last week that she won't be here for a few days. And she hasn't for a couple of them already. But there's always telepathy, so that's the good part."

Bella nodded and gently ran a hand through her red hair. She was stressed about something.

"No, Bek. I'm not, it's just that y'alls birthday is close, and.. yeah I'm not gonna worry. It's not gonna hamper it. It's fine."

I walked up to her and gave her a hug which she reciprocated seconds after. We stayed there for nothing more than a few seconds before I pulled away and tiptoed to kiss her cheek.

"It's all good. Now, are we ready? The appointment is in twenty minutes and Saturday traffic..."

She nodded and motioned for me to go in the vehicle.

I bid my siblings, God-ma, and partner a temporary goodbye and went on with it.
Soon we were out of the driveway and headed to the therapist's office.

We picked up some of our mutually favorite food halfway to the center and spent this last half engaging in a discussion. About the different standard seasonings around the world, then about family. I noticed that she's never really talked about friends, but I decided not to think that loud enough for her to hear, nor say said statement. Another one we never delved into was the smaller topics people would use as start-up convo. I think that's mainly due to already knowing how the other person is feeling. She'd just dive into the most important matters. Sometimes I'd rather the small talk though.

"So, uh, Abosk told me about a few nights ago. At that sporting area." She glanced at me a couple of times since she had no intentions to brave this road today.

"Yeah, it was a nice game. Though he just ended up with some new friends within the better half of us there. That was good to see actually." I didn't dare to snitch on myself.

"Ok, but I think you know what I was referring to. He's not the only one I'm proud of." She held out her first for me to bump. Which I did hesitantly. "I never got good vibes from that girl and I truly think she bewitched him, so thank you for not killing anyone, but set some boundaries and standing up for your brother. Y'all truly have come a long way, Especially you."

She kissed my forehead the minute we came up to a traffic light.

I just wished she didn't point out that I was improving. I knew that, but I couldn't take the credit for it. Whenever that happens, I normally falter. So I tried to push the CONGRATULATIONS out of my mind, though I knew that I deserved it and was grateful.

She started another deep topic of interest. Dating. And from hearing her speak about it, it sounded like she wanted to get back into that pool again. She didn't mind any gender. Just as long as there wasn't a bad advantageous or abusive bone in their body. NOW I returned the favor of saying I'm proud of her progress. She, of course,  blushed and covered it up with "being hypothetical. " like me when I said things about Dating Eva and loom where I am now, huh?

She must have heard it because I felt a light flick on my arm.

"Hey, not to move into a gloomy topic, but... do you like life?"

"Ha," I ran a hand through my hair, do I? "I mean, it's growing back on me. Wasnt my most fave for a couple of years. But I'm looking forward to it again little by little. "