Chapter 29

July 4, 2022

"Hi, petal, is your bag packed?"

"Yeah, from three days ago," I took a seat and noticed the buffet-like breakfast she must have been up cooking for the last two hours. "What's going on?"

"Just a farewell breakfast," Oh, man I'll miss her if I'm really going back home today. "How do your tats feel?"

"Uh, just a bit sore. For how long does it peel?" That part was irritating, to say the least.

"Just give it about 3 more days. You've been applying the ointment?"

I nodded and journeyed to the fridge, retrieving the vegan whipped cream she had somewhere in there.

"So, how would you rate your stay here?" She glanced at me for a second then again at the stove, retrieving some concoction she baked up.

"A thousand out of ten. Not gonna lie I got tired of some stuff in the beginning, but it grew on me. Thanks for your patience. Not a  lot of people have the dedication or patience to handle me how you've been handling me. I owe you for that."

"I... have handled your mom. And she was fully into it, so... there wasn't much to do even after the bond loosened. And It would hurt me if we didn't try the same for you. It hurts me that she and Shawn are gone because of her. I promised myself to protect you as best as I can. And I'm thrilled to see the results. So, you don't owe me anything, ok?" 

She smiled and I returned the expression. I feel a bit guilty for making her go down memory lane. 

"Hey, no sulking. Wanna cheer me up if you think I'm down? When was the last time you used an ability? Honestly."

"Uh, I didn't find it useful a few days after I got here. You were in reach and I was trying to control myself."

"Aw... that's cute. Now, what fuels your telekinesis? For example." She brought the pot and emptied t's contents into some metal platter

"I- it mainly happened with an overwhelmed emotion."

"Have you ever done any elemental magic?"

"No... well. I was beginning to practice pyrokinesis and the furthest I could get was in feeling my palms on fire. And I could move my arms in sync with the way the trees waved."

"Oooooh, well actually you shot a flame ball from your hand trying to help me cook, I say you got pretty far," You recall EVERYTHING, "I wanna see the trees wave with you? Let's go outside real quick cause the food's all set and I don't want the pancakes to get cold nor the pastries to burn."

She took my hand in hers and lead me out. I was honestly nervous to try it since most of the time my mom would be around as I was relaxing while doing it. I've seen her around, sure, but I haven't talked to her forever a month nor seen her today.

It was almost shameful.

"Don't feel bad about it." She grabbed a sheet of the clean clothes hamper just at the door and handed it to me. 

We walked near a patch of trees and I decided this was the space. It wasn't that windy of a day though. I lay the sheet down then lay on it, and began to sync with the earth. I closed my eyes for a bit but opened it when I was to the level of calmness I operated the best at.

I lifted my and just kept it still. The leaves' rustle was soft. And slowly there was little movement. I began to move my arm from left to right, at a slow pace, then built up a bit of speed. To Dani's surprise the breeze was picking up and so were the movements of the tree. A couple more minutes of that and reflected counter-clockwise motions from the outer branches where two trees met were done and I felt proud of myself.