Chapter 14

March 25, 2036

We held each other as suitably as we can in an embrace. She placed kisses me all over the available parts of my face as I chuckled and gently patted her back. She was being so kind right now. Which is like her, but just more obvious to me now. As she ended her kiss attack she sat on my bed and helped me to sit up. As I was situated more on my pelvis, I realized I was hooked up to all these chords to these machines, and registered tenderness in a particular area. Then I came to observe the energy in this room slowly; while taking off my breathing mask. The air felt more refreshing outside - as in this room - than whatever the hell I was breathing from that machine.

I looked around the room and furrowed my brows at the sight of little lines floating around. It was the first time I was seeing that. Sabrina took notice and confirmed the thought that was coming in.

"You might wanna take it slow, you've been out for long. Your family said they'd put up a protective energy barrier for as long as you were out, and I guess that's what you're seeing. The doctors are probably gonna give you glasses if you mention it though, so I advise against it. Also. do you know how relieving it is to hear your thoughts again? or be able to read your energy? I never thought I'd say that, but I gotta be more honest."

I laughed momentarily at her ramble then remembered what all my mom told me in the dream. I think it wasn't just a dream though. If Sabrina felt I wasn't here and I actually felt like was being pulled back to my body, She might be right. She looked at me momentarily then at the door. She reached into her pocket and pulled out two items.

She put one behind her back and the other on my lap. It was a chocolate bar, my favorite one actually, and she was prompting me to quickly put it in my beanie before anyone else entered. Which would be soon. I chuckled at how well she was taking everything then I hid the chocolate in my beanie, as instructed. I guess it's gonna melt there, I just prayed to everything that they don't find it or give the chill of it gives me a head cold.

"Ok, Storm had these enchanted, and was planning on giving you them when you reach home... but I don't think you should have to wait till then."

She put it on my left arm and patted it like she was patting it on. I giggled again. I was thinking about saying something. But the right words just couldn't come to mind.

Sab took my hand in hers again and just held it. I looked outside the glass window leading into the hallway to see a hooded figure slowly approaching. They looked like they were walking at a funeral.

They entered the room, closed the door back, and just kept their head down until they reached the seat.

"Abosk,"

"Sabrina, Eva, I really can't do this. I don't wanna see anything unless she's up."

"If you would stop sulking and look!" Sabrina held my hand up.

He turned his head to look at me then looked the other way again. Then did a double-take and my heart sank to my stomach. If I had to put it very simply, he looked like shit.

Then again how do I look?

He got up and tears started to stream down his face as I smiled. He carefully enveloped his arms around me and hugged me. I felt like tears of my own were coming on as he began to slowly rock when hugging me.

As he let go he placed a kiss on my cheek and held my face.

"Don't ever scare me like that again, Beka, I'll find you in the realms and drag you back here myself if you try again,"

I could hear Sabrina laugh and the door open.

"She's up, how long has she been up?" An excited voice rang out.