Chapter 17

April 7th, 2036

Bekati's POV

I sat at my desk, drawing my third piece for the morning. The two other papers before me were a colorful kaleidoscope and a pencil drawing. Not even I know what that was. This drawing was to make more sense. So I spent the next hour sketching and erasing things using two perspectives -my mind and my heart- to make sure it matched how I've been feeling, dealing with things, and saw myself.

I surprised myself with both, honestly.

The door opened just as I was about to admire my masterpiece. I put them one on the other, then in the drawer of my work desk, separate from the work sent from school.

Abosk stepped in and tried to sign 'how are you," but failed and just said it. I had to admit that it made me laugh.

"Let's go on a storytelling shopping ride."

Convince Mãe to let me go back to school then I will.

I put my sketch in the drawer and got up to change clothing anyways.

I heard his sigh before I walked into the closet and got into decent clothing to wear out there. I'm going whether he convinces her or not, I've been in here -in the house- for maybe two weeks with no outer world interaction. I NEEDED to be somewhere for a bit.
I settled on a long-sleeved cropped top and my least favorite pair of high-waist jeans.

I left my hair as it was, in the messy ponytail half-bun-looking style.

I stepped closer to the mirror to inspect my face. It looked paler than usual. I could probably blame it on staying in longer than I would. I've been exercising and keeping myself as distracted as best as I could. It was done more during the night though. During the day I feel like I'm the walking dead. And it wasn't a nice feeling.

I'ma give myself 90 minutes of whatever energy I have in me to be completely depleted. Not that we'll take very long out there anyways.

Abosk was still leaning on the door when I emerged from the closet with this facial expression that says "You've put me in a difficult situation."

"You're done?" He surveyed my choice of clothing then nodded. "You've still got style, not bad. We can go straight to the car, Mae already knows."

He began toward me for a hug, but stopped once he saw my facial expression change. He nodded in understanding then signed AND said he'd be in the car. Once the door was closed good enough I went over to my window, zoomed in on the plants in the garden then took a picture. I waited until the name of the plant I liked to show up then took a screenshot before leaving and locking my room.
Bell- Mãe, still called me aside to give me a hug that I didn't reciprocate before handing me a pair of sunshades. I looked at them, contemplated on saying thank you for a minute, then quickly gave a nod before putting them on and walking off. When I tell you, I got immediate relief! I didn't even feel as cranky anymore.

I got situated into the car and he backed out the driveway. There was this car in a blue shade that caught my attention as we came out of the driveway. I always overlooked it but now I was curious as to who drove that fourth car.

Abosk must've caught on because he chuckled softly before saying who it was for. And that was none other than mom.

"Do you ever wonder who our dad was?"

He looked at me with surprise before continuing. A small smile played on his face; looked something like a proud parent.

"I've asked Storm and Mãe. They only said the usual phrase, his name and not to snoop around too much."