chapter 13

Eva/Sabrina's POV:

I watched as they rolled her away. Still in shock from what I heard.

Her Mãe and Storm weren't here yet, but I would imagine that they weren't very far. The second Abosk got the last word out of his mouth, the other end of the line cut off. And to make matters worse Bekati passed out again the minute we reached the hospital. I think she passed out 3 times on the way. Abosk had to run as though his life depended on it. There was this doctor who came out and got other doctors to take care of my best friend in a heartbeat. He mentioned something about seizures and they upped their movements. It was intense.

Tw: mention of blood and rape in this chapter.

Abosk held his hands on the crown of his head and paced back and forth in the middle of the reception area. He didn't even care that there was some blood staining the front of his shirt. He only cared that his sister got the right treatment and came out alive.

Literally all he thought in his mind at the moment.

I, on the other hand, was contacting my sister practically begging her to show up within the next 30 minutes. I have no idea how long it will take for whatever procedure to be done or for her to wake up. I'm praying that it's not long. The longer they take, paired with the fact we can't see her since we don't have guardians with us was giving me crippling anxiety.

I went into the bathroom and took mindful breaths. That always calmed me down. I hoped it would work in this situation. And it almost worked all the way through, but I began to cry before I could really be calm again. I wanted to hit something and call myself stupid. That bleeding she had after the dance, the way her area looked, that was NOT her period. And it being so late?? I was certain of many things now.

She wasn't doing well.
She got raped on the night of the formal.
She has an eating disorder.
She's being controlled.

I was pushing it to the back of my mind because I didn't have practical evidence. But her acting out of character? Though that points to many other possibilities, the change was SO damn quick!

"Stop beating yourself up,'

I turned up at the mirror to find the person in that voice. Or rather the being.

"You know now. And I'm verifying that you're right on all that. And I wish it didn't happen... she knows what happened. But she shrugged them off as dreams when she did remember them. Or rather gets taunted by them-"

"Ok, Z. I'll call you Z. I have, so many things to ask you but-"

"You're right about Madison."

I furrowed my brows at her before she pulled me into a bathroom stall. Someone walked past our stall the moment I locked it.

"Can you show me what happened that night?" I finally asked. I wanted to see for myself. Her mother probably watched the whole thing and I felt bad about that. Bekati wouldn't understand why her mom didn't aid her then and there though.

She nodded and I closed my eyes before I felt her hands touch my forehead.

---

I sat silently outside the room Bekati was in. Replaying the memories Bekati had in a nearly out-of-body experience. I didn't know how to feel. Should I be mad at the person? Should I feel only sadness for Bekati? She was so weak. The person who did it didn't even look like a person for a good portion of the time. And to be honest, I wanted to punch them the next time I saw them.

I just couldn't believe they were that sinister.

Over to my right was Bella. And I had a feeling she was conversing with her former partner,  aka Bekati's mom. It felt weird to say, 'Zendaya'.
I got a set of instructions to follow from her. I was guessing she was doing the same to Bella. The lady was so focused, that she sat still with her eyes closed. You'd think she was sleeping, and wouldn't blame her. The building was actually quiet, and the chilly air was relaxing in here. Of course, someone would fall asleep here.