Chapter 10

Feb 15 2036

Still Sabrina's POV

I slowly opened my eyes, trying not to alert myself the moment I woke up. I've done that too many times to count it it would just lead to me being tired some time through the day. I took a look at the clock and prayed it was not 4 am. And it was.

I rolled onto my left side and gazed at the window, being careful not to hurt my left palm. The breeze outside seemed really wild. I'm not sure I wanted to go to school solely due to that. I know it's a weird reason but seven times out of ten it sooner becomes a kind of storm that we're forced to wait out and stay late at school for. On top of that, I haven't seen Bekati since Tuesday.

And I'm not rushing to see her again.

I turned back over on my back and closed my eyes again. Hopefully, it won't take me an hour to fall back asleep after that dream I had.

Bekati's POV

"Don't we have some bacon in here?"

"No, you should know this. "

I could hear the joke but couldn't laugh. It felt like I was starving. I closed the fridge as gently as I possibly could with a carton of sweetened almond milk. Storm took down the honey bunches of oats before asking for the milk, which I declined.

She looked at me weirdly before pursing her lips.

"Since when do you drink cold stuff? It's also cold out, you're not giving your body enough defences. "

"Yeah, Mom asked me to see that you put on something warm over whatever you were planning on wearing today."

I looked at Anya. She looked much dressier today. I wanted to smile but an unwanted phrase spilled out instead.

"Why didn't she tell me that herself?"

"Bekati... what's going on?"

I shrugged my shoulders and began on a pancake.

"uh, Nothing. Sorry, Anya. Just acting out," I looked at her surprised face then Storm's. "the guy I went with made out with me when I passed out." I added a giggle and tried to stop the random tapping my right hand kept doing.

"I'm sorry, what?" Storm Choked out.

"Where's Mãe, Also, you look great Anya. You don't need the eyeliner though."

Storm walked over to me and took my left hand in hers. The moment she touched my seven-stone bracelet, she pulled back. She shook her head and took a breath. I just kept my eyes on her as she watched my fingers tap on the island.

"Beka. Answer me, right now."

I extended my left arm out and waited for her to take it. When a couple of seconds passed of her hesitating, I moved my arm to Anya. It was then she moved over to grab my arm. But she didn't take my hand in hers. She pulled the bracelet off my arm.

And everything began to flood back into my mind. I stopped tapping my right middle finger and looked at her. Storm put the bracelet on top of the fridge. I kept feeling, remembering, and seeing things in my head that I didn't want to. They were scenes from my dreams.

"Bring it back, please."

"Not until you tell me what went down."

Storm walked towards me and took my hand into hers while I began to cry. 

"I can't do it, please give it back to me." I sobbed and tried not to wrap my arms around her. My chest was bruised and I could really feel it now.

I felt Anya put her hand on my thigh and I jumped back. Out of Storm's reach and Anya's. I cried more when I saw how much She resembled my Mom. I walked backward till my back hit a wall and my injured and uninjured hand covered my mouth.