Chapter 20

14 April 2036

I think Sabrina and I surprised everyone today. It started gloomy and unsure with them but got a bit more energetic and pleasant as we conversed with them at breakfast.

Yes. Breakfast. Strange of me, but I felt good this morning.

Brina got to opening her presents right after eating. We watched as she received practically all she had on her wishlist or vision board. And she looked so damn happy. Storm even nudged me a couple of times trying to ask why that is. I sure as hell could not budge though. The questions would flow like a river if a said one squat.

"OH my Persephone, YES! I needed a new mic for covers, that old one was going in!"

"That's not all," Bella adjusted herself "I hope it wasn't too much, but I invited some music friends and they were blown by your singing. There's a venue in the city that they'd love for you to sing a few of your songs in. And you're not getting paid in just exposure,  you're getting a stipend."

She sat in silence for a few seconds and I thought she was upset for that time, but slowly a smile crept onto her face and she jumped to deliver a hug to Bella.

"I suggest the older one. That younger one doesn't give me a good vibe. I don't know why Bella brought him."

Sabrina nodded and looked at me with such a bright smile that made me blush then she reflected the action. We were definitely drawing attention to ourselves.

"Ok, what's got you two so bubbly and blushy?"

Did y'all fuck or something?

I immediately sent a stinging sensation to his cheek as our guardians looked back and forth between the three of us. Abosk rubbed his cheek with a pout.

Like you haven't already done it

He rolled his eyes at me for my statement.

"I just felt great this morning, which is something that hasn't happened often, right Mãe?"

She slowly nodded and there was slight guilt written on her face.

"Why did you do that?"

"Where is Anya?" I looked around.

"She's outside meditating."

She didn't have to say anything else. I excused myself and went to the backyard. She was in the large garden staring at the common flowers as they moved in the wind. I haven't talked to her in a while, and Bella would have to begin going over details for the venue. I just hope that my walking wasn't very stiff. Believe it or not, my inner thighs felt a bit sore so moving my legs too far hurts.

"Hey An, what's up?"

"Nothing much, just meditating, and talking to mom."

I nodded and looked around. Looking for her, but coming up short. I guess she disappeared when I got out here.

"Does Bella seem jealous of Storm to you?"

"Yeah, I think it's because of her being child-free and probably haven't had the trauma as she had. I thought she had that under control... Those Oleanders over there have me worried. I refuse to believe it's her, but someone might be using them."

I ingested a bit of it just to see how it would affect me and I swear only people with a death wish would have these. My life flashed before my eyes when I threw up yesterday and the sound of the name gave me nausea.

"You ok? Wait, did you-"

"No- no. Of course not!"

She sighed in relief, then re-evaluated my tone. Then dropped it again.