Chapter 33

"Bekati,"

I looked at her and nodded.

"What's it like?"

"I'm... sorry? What?"

"Your ED,"

"My... Oh. Do you mean Anorexia? First off, I'm recovering. Second, what exactly?" 
I didn't like those conversation.

"Is it a mental thing or physical? Or both?"

"It is, uh, Both. Why are you asking?"

"Are you ever in pain?"

"I was, each. I refrained from moving a lot..."

"Oh," she looked on the ground and made the face she did when realizing something, "Was that why you-"

"Yeah. Uh, I think we're here. Let's go."

I was grateful for the next twenty minutes, where I was too preoccupied with unpacking my items in my room, then informed Sabrina I'd be doing my tour of the place before I come back up. I knew to be careful. This place was enormous, and I'd like to not have to break the nose of someone trying to abduct me. I went back to the main lodge first.

I looked over the artwork that adorned the waiting area of the main lodge and smiled at anyone who smiled at me first. It had to have lasted a good ten minutes before I picked up the scent of someone familiar to me. I started with a walk, then just jogged out of the building, to gosh really knows where. My feet eventually just lead me to the bar area.

And it contained a good amount of people eating or drinking and having a good time. The faint smell of alcohol though, was enough to make my headache, So exploring the rest of the vicinity it was. Now, I know Anya doesn't like the way I was answering her, like a child. But I didn't know how else, to. I kept on my left with the opposite traffic coming down the pathway and kept my hands locked in front of me momentarily. A pool came into view not so long after, so I followed the separate path to that.

Right next to it was a large jacuzzi. One that I would get in immediately if I had on the right attire. Especially since they were both vacant. I just sighed and looked further into the night. The sky, to be specific. The night was gonna get chillier, we were in a mountainous area after all.

I leaned away from just looking at the pool and looked along the paths instead. Yet again, I only saw families slowly trickle into their cabins or to dinner. A few of them waved at me, and I returned the gesture. I held my wrist up and read the time, then recalled that I too should be heading back to get ready for dinner. With a sigh, I followed the trail back to our cabin, but I sure didn't rush it. I just had to soak in the cool feel of the wind.  I listened to the chatter of people that passed by, and for a good while, they were distant. But one seemed to come in actual range of hearing. 

I slowed down my walking and felt the person beside me in no time. 

"HI!"

I looked at her surprised. Right off the bat, she had this bright enough energy that nearly knocked off my calm, soon to be closed off, one.

"Hey, how is your night going?"

"Good! It's your first time here?"

"Yeah, It's that obvious?"

She nodded frantically and we found ourselves laughing while strolling. She asked these other small questions that I didn't find annoying for once. The five minutes of just doing whatever at the moment felt nice. I'll admit it's not very relieving as I imagined it would be, but it was satisfactory. And I was slightly sad when we reached my cabin because I wouldn't ask for her number to keep up with her. Something in me refrained the question from even escaping my mouth. I'll believe it was for the better.