chapter 36

Abosk's POV

"What are you even doing at this point? "

I put a finger on Anya's mouth and held back my laugh as she stared at it. Her eyes looked like they were about to kiss each other.

"Hush, child. Hush." I squinted my eyes and immediately got my hand swatted away.

"Listen, just because you're like, a year older than me does not give you the right."

"Oh. But I think it does." I held a finger up and she shut up immediately. "And my masterpiece needs a bit of re-assembling.  Give me a couple of minutes."

And I meant that literally. I took another two minutes, folding and bending different areas, taking note of her facial expressions that she tried to minimize.  Finally, for the last few folds, I turned away from her. And chuckled at her complaint.

"Are you done yet??"

"Almost," I took a second, and spun around dramatically. "Voila!"

She seemed impressed at first, then puffed up her chest a bit. She didnt want to admit that it was neat. I already knew.

"Anyone can do that. But for once it doesnt look like shit."

"Bruh... I've got good art!" I raised a brow.

"And I've got excellent singing."

"I mean you're not so shabby." I nudged her shoulder with money and she did a half smile.

And put herself in some deep thought.

"I wanna sound as great as mom, though."

"An-"

"I know," she poked at my hand. "I won't hang up on her. Besides, I was with her last night."

I quirked my brows, and watched as her face turned a bit serious. Worried almost.

"Remember not to stay there too long, you're gonna burn out of you stay there too long and too often."

"It's only been the first time for this week, and I know. That's why mom barely shows up... and she also says that somethings up with gran." She quirked a brow. "So, hows the love life? Sports? Anything!"

"Uhh. I'm not looking for anyone. Two-"

"As if that cute coily haired girl doesn't pique your interest." She muttered, then coughed.

"Ok, continue being slick. You better be controlling yourself with your-"

"Sir, we were talking about you!" She blurted with a blush.

I felt a bit of pride run through me. But reminded myself not to get ahead of myself.

"As I was saying, the tryouts are this evening. So you better find yourself on those bleachers. Everything else has been fine. For me. And-"

"How's counselling coming along?"

I bit my lips together momentarily. And squeezed my clammy hands. She was a nice therapist, but I didn't like having to go to her.

"I wanna switch therapists. I don't like her attitude. One of my friends can do better than her condescending ass has."

She chuckled softly. Then squinted focusing on something. I looked where she was staring off to, only to realize she may not be looking for something physical.

The phone rang and she immediately shifted her gaze to it. And there was some worry in her eyes. So I took it upon myself to answer and have the both of us in the frame of the camera.