•09•

Scarlett joined the cast at lunch, only to find Chris missing. She'd been told that he had been acting weird whole morning and the crew was worried about him.

She didn't see him until their shooting hours began and what she saw, disturbed her deeply.

Chris looked troubled, his eyes were blank and something about him seemed off.
He didn't mess the scenes but every time they'd call CUT, he would simply walk away and sit on his chair with his headphones in his ears.

It was a very odd move for him, they'd grown to learn if he ever acted like that, it meant he really didn't want to talk to anyone.
It was a shock to all of them, including the Russos.
They hadn't seen this side of Chris much, non of them knew what exactly they should do.
Even Scarlett hadn't tried to talk to him the few times it had happened.

All they knew was that this act meant he was mentally suffering, trying to solve a personal problem.

He hadn't been looking upset in the previous days and it was confusing the crew, but for Scarlett, it was literal torture.
She was scared that it had something to do with her.
Was he reconsidering his promise?
Was he revaluation her?
Had she gone to fast the previous night?
Had the morning events bothered him?
Did he thought the whole low profile thing wouldn't work?
Was he thinking to call everything off?
Or to simply sum up:
What the hell was happening??

She turned her gaze away as it had been resting on one Chris Evans who seemed to be wrestling with his own thoughts.

"I'm telling you, he's listening to Taylor Swift." Anthony Mackie said with a mocking tone, making Scarlett laugh.
Such a softy he was.

Then her eyes ran to check up on him again, seeing he was still seated in his chair, his arms bended on his knees as his chin rested on his fisted hands and his feet rapidly tapped against the floor.
A sigh escaped her parted lips.

They didn't had a scene together for the rest of the day, meaning she wouldn't get to talk to him until later that evening, that is if he wanted to talk to her.

He had even avoided joining them for lunch, he'd ask to have his food taken to his trailer which seamed way to odd to everyone.
She was pulled out of her thoughts by Anthony, this time Russo.

She got up her chair and walked to the director who seemed to have something important to tell her; but as it turned out it was just a heads up about one of her upcoming fighting scenes.

She listened to him as he told her how much of the act would be hers and how much would be handled by her stunt.

Although, she wasn't paying much attention as she saw Chris get up his chair and walk to the boys, talking to them briefly before he walked away, and by the looks of it, he was walking to the dressing rooms.

"So you think you can pull this one off?"
Anthony R asked her and she gave him a blank stare but nodded her head.
Sure she hadn't paid much attention to his words but she had been preparing for the scene for so long that she was sure they would be grate.
And she was right to be!
The scene went great and she was off for the day.

She walked to her dressing room to change before she left the set. Walking back to her trailer, she decided to check her phone for any massages from Rose's babysitter.
She had called her at before lunch and talked to her for what seemed to be more than a whole hour while Rose told her everything she had been doing during the day.
Now, it was too close to her bedtime and Scarlett didn't want to disturb her little girl's sleep. She didn't find any texts from the babysitter but two massages from Chris.
Her heart beamed as she opened them.